PDA

View Full Version : p860mp owners please help

~Magick_Man~
03-18-2006, 01:18 AM
i just got mind in a couple days ago and i love it except for one thing.
with any background except the movies they change colors constantly.
it is really annoying to have the display be bright white all the sudden when i am driving at night.
is there a way to keep it from doing this?

and another question can the internal amp be turned off when you arent using it?

any help would be appreciated.

~Magick_Man~

adam71
03-18-2006, 09:25 AM
NO, you cannot turn off the internal amp in the deck. For some reason Pioneer has not seen this a necessary function in their decks.

The reason your display is changing like that is to protect the display from "burn in". Its called "reverse mode". If this bothers you that much here is how you turn this feature off.

With the unit off and the car on, press the "5" button. Thats it.

iceteebone
03-18-2006, 10:44 AM
indeed. that reverse mode bugged the **** out of me as well

pwnt by pat
03-18-2006, 10:46 AM
To fix the flashing light:

1) put the car into acc
2) hold in the left button to shut the radio off.
3) hit the #5 button and the #6 button

One turns off demo mode leaving you with a clock when the radio isn't on. The other turns off the reverse mode, stopping the flasshy stuff.

4) turn the radio back on and be happy ;)

~Magick_Man~
03-18-2006, 11:29 AM
cool, i got it to stop that.
does anybody have any clue how long it would take to do damage to the screen?
i would immagine several hours of constant use but i could be wrong.

thanks,
~Magick_Man~

pwnt by pat
03-18-2006, 11:51 AM
I've had it on the last screen (landro or something) where it shows the time, cd track, cd time all on a black screen when I drove from Pittsburgh to Sandusky (over 3 hours) without a problem.

adam71
03-19-2006, 09:29 PM
I've had it on the last screen (landro or something) where it shows the time, cd track, cd time all on a black screen when I drove from Pittsburgh to Sandusky (over 3 hours) without a problem.

Burn in won't happen that fast. Burn in could take up to a year but it WILL happen if you don't use reverse mode. Where you'll see it happen the fastest is by leaving the clock display on while not using the deck. Other than that it could take quite a while before you see some burn in. Only thing is, once you see burn in happening its already too late.

~Magick_Man~
03-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Burn in won't happen that fast. Burn in could take up to a year but it WILL happen if you don't use reverse mode. Where you'll see it happen the fastest is by leaving the clock display on while not using the deck. Other than that it could take quite a while before you see some burn in. Only thing is, once you see burn in happening its already too late.

hmm, well i will keep that in mind.

thanks,
~Magick_Man~