PDA

View Full Version : Shocks/struts causing car to bob/weave?

LoudCrownVic
03-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Tonignt I raced a Neon SRT-4 in some offramps/offramps in heavy traffic and sweeping corners smoked it... It suprised the **** out of me that my 1987 porsche 924 could scratch 2nd and 3rd gear :naughty: I prolly only won cause the kid was a little n00b skater *****... :crap:

The question:

My car has 4 wheel independent suspension, using a strut/coilover shock. Using the "bounce test" (pressing down on one side of the car and releasing) all of the shocks are good. It doesn't bounce more than once.

Normaldriving, however, when going over bumps, the car "bobs" side to side. It has kind of a weave/toss to the whole body. The car is very low to the ground and they are performance shocks, is this just something I gotta put up with or is there a problem? There are a couple susp. bushings that might need to be replaced, but I'd think they'd create vibration, not this bob/weave.

Thanks in advance.

azbass
03-18-2006, 12:56 AM
worn out bushings etc?

LoudCrownVic
03-18-2006, 01:00 AM
worn out bushings etc?

That's what I'm thinking... But I'm not gonna replace them if it's just a result of the design. The more weight/passengers, the worse the problem becomes, BTW.

deadboi77
03-18-2006, 03:09 AM
Sounds like shi*ty bushings