PDA

View Full Version : DLS UR6S or MS6A

matt_calgary
03-17-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm really new to this board and fairly new to car audio. I've certainly put in the time to search and research what I'm looking for in the price range I have. I've narrowed it down to these two. I'm definitely looking for sound quality, not quantity:) I have an amp that will put out 150RMS x 2. I listen to mostly classical, country, rock, punk and jazz. Can you give me some differences in these two products excluding price and because they use different tweeters? The specs seem very similair and I'm looking for people with similar genre of music and possibly listened to both.

While there is lots of material on the MS6 there isn't on the MS6A, any real difference? Is running 150RMS too much for these speakers to handle? I don't listen to music insanely loud so maxing out the speakers isn't really a concern for me.

There is a good deal on the UR6S on ebay right now and am considering buying it. But I'm in a toss up of which is the better choice. The UR6S is more expensive but that doesn't really mean its better. Any feedback would be muchly appreciated. Thanks!

AcidicDreams
03-17-2006, 04:34 AM
well the MS6's are WAY cheaper... also look at rainbows... 6spdcopue who sells both says the rainbow SLCs > MS6

goodrich
03-17-2006, 06:57 AM
talk to Don, he's pretty much non-biased (he likes what he likes) and he's a good guy to deal with. i can't wait to install my profi kick bass along with my new arc audio amp....thanks Don!

matt_calgary
03-17-2006, 11:59 AM
What username does Don have?

EDIT:After searching around a little bit I found out who it was and sent a PM.

I'm still curious when it comes to the sound quality of one over the other what I'm looking at. The specs seem very simliar but in terms of amount of tight bass produced and tweeter sound production, I havn't heard much. Feedback very welcome here!

SinongTatayMo
03-17-2006, 04:59 PM
the ur6s is so much better in terms of SQ. trust me. i listened to both and made a wise decision.

6spdcoupe
03-20-2006, 01:18 AM
IMO the magnesium cone in that particualr set is a bit more "raspy" (for the lack of other terms late at night) and more 'in your face'. The Poly cone of the UP is a bit more detailed and laid back. They both share the same UP1 tweet, so there isnt much difference there. Although it will take a bit more power to get the UPs really moving.

matt_calgary
03-20-2006, 01:23 AM
6spd, ur take about the UP series or UR series? I'm starting to lean towards the UP or UR just because they are going to save some space. Can you pm me a price on the UR6 and UP6? There was a smokin deal on ebay on the UR6S for like 240USD I think. I doubt I'll be getting that again! How does the warranty work with that? Thanks!

6spdcoupe
03-20-2006, 01:34 AM
I love the midbass from the URs, the tweets are a bit smoother, but you may have to deal with the basketball grill. One thing that I could never get used too from them. :D

Fleabay would yield no warranty. Also no guarantee your getting the real deal, especially with all the counterfeiting going on, which apparently has affected DLS now as well...

matt_calgary
03-20-2006, 01:39 AM
So whats the difference really between the UP's and UR's? I noticed the RMS rating on the UP's are higher yet the magnet on the UR's is larger. Looking for SQ way over SPL and probably won't be cranked all the time cuz I'd go deaf:eek: Thanks for the help! Sorry about the bagillion questions. If you have msn, can u at me at [email protected]

6spdcoupe
03-20-2006, 01:42 AM
I dont use AIM/MSN or any instant message things, I get WAY too bombarded and never seem to be able to step away.

If you want shoot me a PM with a number or Ill give you mine and we can chat further possibly tomorrow.