PDA

View Full Version : CDT HD 6 1/2 VS Rainbow SLC 6 1/2

DJ HANGMAN
03-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Money aside which is a better comp? Which has more mid bass and has a better overall sound i guess is what i want to know?

DJ HANGMAN
03-20-2006, 12:25 PM
No wait what i really want to no is which set has a smoother tweeter?

6spdcoupe
03-20-2006, 01:44 PM
IMO the SLCs do.

Raven
03-20-2006, 02:09 PM
I've never even heard the CDTs, but I'd still vote for the SLCs as far a smooth tweeter goes. SLC Tweeters are teh win.

DJ HANGMAN
03-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys. I think i'm going to pick up the rainbow slc this weekend if i can find a good deal on them.

slick rick
03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
PM 6spdcoupe for some rainbows. :)

alteraudiousa
03-21-2006, 02:56 AM
the DRT-25 that is included with the new HD-62s are quite nice and very smooth. Laid back but very detailed like a hard dome. Never listened to the rainbow.

jacka
06-13-2006, 02:07 AM
so which one is the better component set? i listen to mostly rap. i want the highs to be smooth but get loud as the same time.

Johnny Drama
06-13-2006, 10:35 AM
HD>SLC in midbass IMO
HD>SLC in sound of tweets (HDs have a very nice airy sild dome, which I like)
SLC>HD in reliability

theothermike
06-13-2006, 05:19 PM
id say rainbows for tweets. But i would agree with jntar hd with mid bass

Mike

yeah pm 6spdcoupe for slc's

3.5Max6spd
06-13-2006, 08:38 PM
SLC's for tweets and midrange, the HD's have a bit more thickness to the midbass but IMO in an artificial way and because of it sounds too congested in the midrage- if stronger , more dynamic vocals are a must I'd pick the Rainbows. Far better vocal intelligibility. Any time you have a wide range driver too busy on the lower end, it affects the top end. Just the drawback of 2ways- so i tend to lean on more balanced sets.

BTW the SLC's midbass is not lacking. I'll take the kick drum off an SLC as far as realism and tonality goes.

wj94
06-15-2006, 07:45 AM
I've got a set of hd-62's an they r0x0rz....can't comment on the rainbows.

Makaveli7haDon
06-15-2006, 09:02 AM
i have the new cdt hds with drt-25 tweeters. its smooth as hell and detailed. midbass for days...

Stangs400
06-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Ive had both.

Tweeters - both are good, with the CDT you can switch out and go with the silk or aluminum, I think they even have titanium.

Either way, both tweets are smooth ( silk to silk). They are not laidback and not harsh. My CDT's silk did get a little muddy up top compared to the Rainbow. But then I switched to alums and there was no comparison.

Midbass- no comparison. My mids on my rainbows I though sounded good and has a nice kick to them. Tonality on them was also nice. Then one day listening to some double kick drum in a death metal song and they actually started smoking! That was after about a months use.

Then went to the CDT. Midbass- no comparision. THe mids on the hds are heavy and the hallow issue I never had a problem with, Maybe it was because I had lots of deadening on my doors? Idk but I never had that problem. MY cdts also got a lot louder than my rainbows.

All in all, the cdt owned my rainbows. I dont have anything against rainbows lower line, but like everyone says there are better out there for your money. Especially because not everyones ears on here are the same.

6spdcoupe
06-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Ive had both.

Tweeters - both are good, with the CDT you can switch out and go with the silk or aluminum, I think they even have titanium.

Either way, both tweets are smooth ( silk to silk). They are not laidback and not harsh. My CDT's silk did get a little muddy up top compared to the Rainbow. But then I switched to alums and there was no comparison.

Midbass- no comparison. My mids on my rainbows I though sounded good and has a nice kick to them. Tonality on them was also nice. Then one day listening to some double kick drum in a death metal song and they actually started smoking! That was after about a months use.

Then went to the CDT. Midbass- no comparision. THe mids on the hds are heavy and the hallow issue I never had a problem with, Maybe it was because I had lots of deadening on my doors? Idk but I never had that problem. MY cdts also got a lot louder than my rainbows.

All in all, the cdt owned my rainbows. I dont have anything against rainbows lower line, but like everyone says there are better out there for your money. Especially because not everyones ears on here are the same.

Your mids smoking is the first case that Ive heard. But IIRC you also had the older versions.

Deadening in the doors will play a HUGE role, so yes that does matter.

Care to elaborate on the last statement? Who exactly is "everyone"?

chadillac3
06-15-2006, 11:40 AM
SLC's for tweets and midrange, the HD's have a bit more thickness to the midbass but IMO in an artificial way and because of it sounds too congested in the midrage-

I haven't heard the SLCs, but Manny's description of the HD mid is right on here. I'm not a CDT fan, although I was in my early years online (i.e. 2000-01ish) as they are a very good drop in, easy to use set.