PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse 8445 questions...

kingsxman
03-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Just got the 8445 installed yesterday along with my entire new system. Have alot of reading to do..but though I'd ask a few questions here also:

How the hell do you pause the cd player? (duh..I cant seem to find which button it is!)

switching audio control modes: When I hit the volume button to change into where I can adjust faders...all I get is Volume and non fader volume when tuner is on...and volume, non fader and SVC when cd is activated. I thought this is where you adjust your balance, left/right, etc. What am I missing...

One thing I DONT like...the itty bitty volume knobs. Am I missing something or are these things supposed to only supposed to stick out a fraction of an inch from the faceplate? Hard to turn the **** things...

All in all...like the deck. Just gonna take me awhile to play with it and learn all the functions.

guy022077
03-16-2006, 12:21 PM
you have to have advance mode OFF to use the fader and bass/mid/treb controls... it is under the sound button menu's
just hold the sound button down till you see adv mode off......

i didnt konw it had pause so no help on that one

UNDERGROUND_BUM
03-16-2006, 12:52 PM
ya i dont think it has a pause button only mute

kingsxman
03-16-2006, 02:32 PM
ya i dont think it has a pause button only mute

Thats insane. The deck rocks...but that doesnt make any sense. I've only been in the car for about 1.5 hours and I've already wanted to pause the cd (not mute it) about 4 times.

ONly other thing I'm not liking about it is the little itty bitty push buttons for tuner presets and the ^ and down arrows. Too **** small.

alphakenny1
03-16-2006, 02:34 PM
the thing is weird. if you are playing a normal cd (not an mp3 cd), the pause button is the #3 on the HU.

FoxPro5
03-16-2006, 03:10 PM
No pause on the 8445 :(

guy022077
03-16-2006, 03:11 PM
i didnt know that....i have to take mine in for repair as soon as i find a replacment. the 8445 is great but i think i will sell it when i get my new replacement... i lose all function in the face for 20 minutes at a time...the cd keeps playing but i cant eject it, vol up,down,change tracks,select, or do anything, the cd counter stops counting and thats it untill it decides to work again.

kingsxman
03-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Thats goofy.

kingsxman
03-17-2006, 01:56 PM
By the way....button #3 does NOT pause a cd. Bummer.

Also, realized that if I have CSII turned on....then the fader and balance controls disappear from the audio control function.

This deck has some nice TA features. I've got it sounded pretty nice right now..with alot more tweaking to go.

Still hate the volume knobs.

guy022077
03-17-2006, 02:01 PM

Also, realized that if I have CSII turned on....then the fader and balance controls disappear from the audio control function.

This deck has some nice TA features. I've got it sounded pretty nice right now..with alot more tweaking to go.

at least yours works

alphakenny1
03-17-2006, 02:11 PM

odd thats my pause button. are you using an mp3 cd or a music cd? because for me on a mp3 cd (like 100 songs on the cd) it doesn't work but on a music cd (10-15 songs or so) it works.

kingsxman
03-17-2006, 03:32 PM
both

alphakenny1
03-17-2006, 03:39 PM
wow that *****.