PDA

View Full Version : I leave for SBN on wednesday, and cars not close to being done :(

btnhfan
03-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Got the car back from the mechanic. I get home tomorrow afternoon. From there, I go straight to autozone.

I buy:

New plug wires
Lots and lots of heat shielding
A better mirror/something idk yet so I can see out my right side when I drive

After thats done, go back home, get that stuff in, and get back to work on the box.

Finish up fiberglassin the wheel wells, all corners of the box esp the top ones that run from back to front, sealing it all up, making it even stronger than what it is now. Makin my moofers into 18"ers. Glassin entire inside, making an amp rack, testing, testing, testing, testing.

Its going to be a looonnnggg couple of days. I will be taking lots of pics, for those who want to see.

And a 16hr drive to ATL, then 8 to daytona. :(

Chevyaudio
03-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Good Luck man, Hope you Get it done.

azbass
03-15-2006, 11:04 PM
good luck mang. pics ftw

9512ds
03-15-2006, 11:05 PM
good luck i wanna go downt here when we are in daytona... how much are tickets?

ngsm13
03-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Keep us posted Dan...

nG

btnhfan
03-15-2006, 11:53 PM
This thread will turn into an hourly blog of getting everything ready, and getting a respectable score with the time left.

Starting on my trip to the airport tomorrow at 11:30 AM.

Flipx99
03-16-2006, 12:44 AM
This thread will turn into an hourly blog of getting everything ready, and getting a respectable score with the time left.

Starting on my trip to the airport tomorrow at 11:30 AM.

I am trying to arrange my tdy (same as travel & training) around the dbDrag schedule so I don't pay lodging/airfare/food etc

btnhfan
03-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Update:

Drove it into my garage, everything went well.
Changed out the old, bad spark plugs with new ones, added more engine coolant, and moved the 2/0 away from where it can be melted.

Now, I went to leave at 8:00 this morning, very very rough idle, infact stalled when I went into reverse.
Got her started, and she stalled out as I was going down my driverway.

Would not turn over. Went to check plugs, one came loose, pushed it back in.

Went to start again, just a clicking noise.

Now I have no confidence in this car, Im starting to wonder if I should just scrap it. :(

MastaFlex
03-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Where is nationals this year?

MastaFlex
03-17-2006, 09:04 AM
and for that matter how much a pop is it for the tickets

Blunt
03-17-2006, 09:13 AM
make sure the starter wire is tight tight and make sure its clean and free of grease.

btnhfan
03-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Okay well the mechanic who "fixed" my car ***** at life.

The batt was dead, but that doenst matter anway.

Now it turns over, but doesnt start, back to the original problem.

9512ds
03-17-2006, 09:40 AM
pete they are in daytona thats why i wanted to go down there on saturday when we get there

saywhat?
03-17-2006, 09:51 AM
maybe try a new rotor/cap?

btnhfan
03-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Did that twice.

I replaced it.

Mechanic said it was bad, replaced it again.

Appears to be a flooded engine at this point.
A real strong smell of gasoline. Guess I gotta pull out those plugs.

But with all this going wrong, Im starting to wonder if its worth it. I dont know if it can handle the 2000+ miles to daytona and back.

Spkrman
03-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Did that twice.

I replaced it.

But with all this going wrong, Im starting to wonder if its worth it. I dont know if it can handle the 2000+ miles to daytona and back.

Doesn't sound terrible... I assume its been sitting for a while without being started?

Once you get it going, it should run fine.

Little B
03-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Have you replaced the starter? It sounds like it's the starter, either locked up or bad. You can test the starter by taking it off and hooking it straight to the battery using booster-cables. If it's still good it'll engage and jump, so make sure you're not right on top of it when you do this.

NeverEnuffBass
03-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Did that twice.

I replaced it.

That ***** man. I just bought a 95 Blazer for a daily driver thinking it just needed a tune up. Doing the same thing yours is. I work at a garage and had one of the mechanics check it out. Needs all new fuel injectors and what not. Hopefully yours doesn't need all this. Hopefully I can get to SBN next year.

btnhfan
03-18-2006, 04:36 PM
They said the starter was fine.

The thing is it was being driven. Maybe 180,000 miles is taking its toll.

Ive decided, that as much as it pains me to say, Im going to cut my losses and sell it. Even if I get it running, it still needs a lot of work. For parts or whatever. I bought it for 700, hopin to get at least 400/500 for it. :(

At least I can get me a van.

Spkrman
03-18-2006, 05:12 PM
They said the starter was fine.

The thing is it was being driven. Maybe 180,000 miles is taking its toll.

Ive decided, that as much as it pains me to say, Im going to cut my losses and sell it. Even if I get it running, it still needs a lot of work. For parts or whatever. I bought it for 700, hopin to get at least 400/500 for it. :(

At least I can get me a van.

awww, if only you lived closer :(