PDA

View Full Version : Confused....

mike75356
03-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Im in the market for a new headunit. And i was really wanting an indash but with recent money being spent on everything else i have came down to two options. One i buy a cheaper indash which would be something like this one here http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6226.html

Or i just stick to a good quality unit such as a pioneer premier or eclipse something along those lines.......

So what do you think i should do? Its going to be powering an 18" mt and a 4000 watt amp along with another amp for comps up front. I really dont want to buy the Jensen and then regret it because i dont want to lose any bass or sound quality along with settings that each unit has to offer im not sure if the jensen has all the settings i would want. Does it offer the amont of eq i guess you would say and other tuning features that i would need? that i would get from say an eclipse or pioneer premier high end unit.
But i really want the video and would use it a lot. What do you think?

dkguitarist
03-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Im in the market for a new headunit. And i was really wanting an indash but with recent money being spent on everything else i have came down to two options. One i buy a cheaper indash which would be something like this one here http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6226.html

Or i just stick to a good quality unit such as a pioneer premier or eclipse something along those lines.......

So what do you think i should do? Its going to be powering an 18" mt and a 4000 watt amp along with another amp for comps up front. I really dont want to buy the Jensen and then regret it because i dont want to lose any bass or sound quality along with settings that each unit has to offer im not sure if the jensen has all the settings i would want. Does it offer the amont of eq i guess you would say and other tuning features that i would need? that i would get from say an eclipse or pioneer premier high end unit.
But i really want the video and would use it a lot. What do you think?

you won't get much tuning and eq with any in-dash dvd unit. i've heard bad things about the jensens failing. my cd deck failed after 6 months. look into maybe a concept idm777 or 888 possibilty

mike75356
03-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok cool thanks..... So if i did go with an indash is there something else i should buy to tune it better?

dkguitarist
03-15-2006, 12:28 PM
an external crossover.

mike75356
03-15-2006, 12:32 PM
thanks.