PDA

View Full Version : "I got" Security stickers: Use them or not?

kingsxman
03-15-2006, 09:14 AM
My new Eclipse 8445 deck comes with ESN stickers for the windows. THey basically say "dont steal this becuase its not gonna work if you do". I'm thinking that all your doing is essentially saying "Dont steal the deck...but there's a whole lotta good **** in the trunk!" and I'm thinking NOT to put them on.

What do you guys think?

dkguitarist
03-15-2006, 09:17 AM
advertising is advertising. i say no. you're just telling potential thieves that you have some nice stuff for them to cash in on. be as discreet as possible about what you have in your vehicle. unless you have an alarm with 5 piezo sirens screaming in the middle of the night they're gonna take off like fire up their ***.

also, you could just use an alarm sticker instead and have some kind of flashing led or led scanner to warn away thieves as well. better choice imo.

dkguitarist
advertising is advertising. i say no. you're just telling potential thieves that you have some nice stuff for them to cash in on. be as discreet as possible about what you have in your vehicle. unless you have an alarm with 5 piezo sirens screaming in the middle of the night they're gonna take off like fire up their ***.

Loudrango112
My new Eclipse 8445 deck comes with ESN stickers for the windows. THey basically say "dont steal this becuase its not gonna work if you do". I'm thinking that all your doing is essentially saying "Dont steal the deck...but there's a whole lotta good **** in the trunk!" and I'm thinking NOT to put them on.

What do you guys think?
X2 DONT do it...

KaeZoo
03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Nobody steals stuff just to go put it into their own car. They don't care if the deck will work or not, as long as they can sell it.

theCybe
03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
*edit* ^ as above.

Most thieves don't even care that it won't work.

"yo dawg, i boosted me a nice eclipse cd player ... $75 and it's yours."
<<******* buys deck, doesn't work, a gunbattle ensues>>

FoxPro5
03-15-2006, 09:20 AM

also, you could just use an alarm sticker instead and have some kind of flashing led or led scanner to warn away thieves as well. better choice imo.

My thoughts exactly. Why advertise. If people want to gank your ****, they will find away...unless of course you are standing next to your car with a sawed-off 12 gauge ;)

dak0ta_g33k
03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
i don't use the "protected by..." stickers that came with my security stuff.

dkguitarist
03-16-2006, 08:24 AM
i don't use the "protected by..." stickers that came with my security stuff.

personally, i wouldn't use ANY sticker for anything. keep it as discreet as possible. post the stickers in your room, on your computer, on your desk, wherever. just not the car.

SQ4Life
03-19-2006, 02:04 PM
save the stickers and tint your windows :) i have 15% and it works pretty nicely my amps and subs are hidden. and you cant see the deck with windows tinted. a flashlight doesnt even work that well(1watt led)

bimma85
03-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Putting a security sticker on your car is pretty much saying...hey I have something worth stealing. At least imo :).

Megalomaniac
03-26-2006, 08:18 PM
I feel the same way, i made sure Best buy did not put that Viper sticker on my windows. You got to stay stealth so if they do try they wont know what hit em' they would most likeley panic and run. if u have the sticker they know what kind of security system u have now, they could study it on internet and find ways...in other words DO NOT put that sticker on.IMO

SQ4Life
03-26-2006, 08:28 PM
i dont have stickers for my alarm...is a light a good idea? everycar has the lights these days anyway...i actually jus changed it from red to blue..

imaspaceguy90
03-26-2006, 08:31 PM
X 1,000 , dont do it, i was gonna do it actually until o i read this thread

dak0ta_g33k
03-26-2006, 11:13 PM
if you remember the car prank thread, use your stickers on the mark's car if you're that compelled to apply them

Prowler573
03-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Nobody steals stuff just to go put it into their own car. They don't care if the deck will work or not, as long as they can sell it.

That's not entirely true...

A buddy of mine had some stuff jacked out of his pickup several months back. He was pretty certain he knew who did it so he just gathered up his receipts and bided his time.

He waited a few months and then went to pay a visit to the suspect and lo and behold ~ every single item missing from his truck was in said suspect's Camaro! Two smashed door windows and an obliterated windshield later d00d comes running out of his house with a baseball bat whooping and hollering...my bud looked at him calmly and motioned towards the .357 on his side then went back to uninstalling his gear.

When the dude screamed something about calling the cops my buddy hollered back that he needed to make sure he told the cops that there was a guy breaking into his car to steal back the gear that had been stolen from him and he had receipts in his pocket to verify actual ownership.

Strangely the cops never showed......

X a zillion on not advertising what's in your ride. No reason asking someone to liberate the fruits of your hard-earned dollars from you, right?

dantheman8328
03-28-2006, 08:59 PM
hahahah, great story

rep added

SQ4Life
03-28-2006, 09:09 PM
my friend has pics of his system on myspace and has no alarm :\ iv told him but he doesnt really car as of now heh.