PDA

View Full Version : pioneer hu/mp3 burning (not a noob question ;])

thai_creeper
03-14-2006, 07:43 PM
well i did a search and most of the posts i found were about how to play mp3's on their hu, thats why i put that on the title. here's the problem:

I want to burn a collection of songs but in the order of the artists. I use itunes and I changed each artist to be correct, and when I burn with itunes it comes in the right order and everything. The thing is that itunes will burn the collection into sub directories for each artist, which is fine on my cheap mp3 portable cd player, plays in order and everything. Now when I put it in my premier 470(or 740 i forget), for some reason half the songs are missing. I went through every song in every directory myself and counted 4X songs out of the 7X songs that are on there.

Any advice? I tried using nero btw, but its weird because when I put the songs there, the artist column is not what I changed it to be in itunes. Then I even tried burning just with the windows software(drag n drop onto my cdrw drive) and it burns with no directories and i view them in artist order by the columns but it doesn't burn in that order.

Help pls anyone, suggestion of another program? I'm pretty sure my hu can't do anything else I haven't already tried(which is dissapointing because my cheap mp3 cd player can).

MeGrog2
03-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I've had great success with nero, but I changed all the file names. Itunes may just change the mp3 tag

Prowler573
03-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Using Nero sort each artist's music into it's own folder. You can then burn them in whatever order you wish and each artist's tunes will be separated from everything else.

This is how I burn when I'm making a disc of whole albums ~ each album gets its own folder. :)

southstylestang
03-18-2006, 02:33 AM
I used to have this problem also. But im using a cheap sound xtreme h/u for now. some songs wouldnt show up on the h/u but it would show up on the computer. never did find a solution that i remember. that was about last year this time. havnt burnt any mp3's for my car since then b/c i havnt been driving it. plus the h/u is a total pos and scratches my cds. :( oh well new one coming soon (i hope)