PDA

View Full Version : Viper Piezo

Megalomaniac
03-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Dows anyone know how to install a Piezo(s) on a viper 791xv(i drive a 2000 honda accord lx if it matters)

Vestax
03-14-2006, 08:01 PM
If it's just 1 single piezo siren, you can connect them in parallel with your existing siren output. The regular siren will have red and black wires, red for 12 volts, and black for ground. You can splice into it with the Piezo, which also has the same colors.

THUNDERBIRD
03-14-2006, 10:27 PM
yeah eaxactly what vestax said. but make sure u solder the connection and either srink wrap it or electrical tape it up good

dak0ta_g33k
03-14-2006, 11:06 PM
what is recommended if i go insane with, like, 4 piezos?

two would go in the bed of my pickup under the camper shell...

Black_Jesus
03-15-2006, 02:37 AM
relay so you dont **** the output of your brain.

i needed a few for my six sirens :)

THUNDERBIRD
03-15-2006, 09:09 AM
i am running 2 without a relay and i am gonna add a third

Megalomaniac
03-15-2006, 12:42 PM
Well I want to ad 1 piezo i plan on hiding it in my dash,there is a small compartment by the windshield.hmm.. maybe i'll ad 2 since there are 2 compartments. I dont want any intruders messing with my SX and Carputer.

dkguitarist
03-15-2006, 12:44 PM
mmmm....carputer.......:yumyum: lol but yeah the more, the better and louder it'll be and wake up the whole neighborhood.

XDrkmanX
03-23-2006, 10:01 PM
I was just about to post pretty much the same question....

"Hi,

I want to add two mini piezo alarms to my Viper 791XV. I would like to wire it into the backup battery so if the battery gets disconnected they'll still go off. I already have the backup battery installed...Can I tap into this to power the piezo alarms? and how would I go about doing this? And would the backup battery be enough to power the siren as well as two piezo alarms? Or Can I add an additional back up battery to my alarm to power the piezo sirens?

Thanks for the help"

But in my case I would wanna splice into the back up battery, Correct?

I took out my rear speakers and plan on mounting the piezo's under the grills in the rear deck.

dantheman8328
03-23-2006, 11:12 PM
I was just about to post pretty much the same question....

"Hi,

I want to add two mini piezo alarms to my Viper 791XV. I would like to wire it into the backup battery so if the battery gets disconnected they'll still go off. I already have the backup battery installed...Can I tap into this to power the piezo alarms? and how would I go about doing this? And would the backup battery be enough to power the siren as well as two piezo alarms? Or Can I add an additional back up battery to my alarm to power the piezo sirens?

Thanks for the help"

But in my case I would wanna splice into the back up battery, Correct?

I took out my rear speakers and plan on mounting the piezo's under the grills in the rear deck.

the backup battery powers the whole alarm brain when the powers disconnected. so the brain recieves a signal when a zone is triggered, ie car looses power, and then sends a 12v signal to the sirens, setting them off.
you dont wire the sirens to constant power otherwise they just go off, the red wire is connected to the siren output on the brain, i think brown but im having a major blank(just got back from work too lol).
i would reccomend you dont mess with it though because it sounds like you dont know what your doing, no offense, but people pay techs to install it professinally for a reason. also messing with it yourself will void the warrenty.

XDrkmanX
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence......:eyebrow: I always thought it would take more then a few sentences for people to realize I don't know what I'm doing....guess not

no offense taken

dantheman8328
03-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence......:eyebrow: I always thought it would take more then a few sentences for people to realize I don't know what I'm doing....guess not

no offense taken

lol no but the biggest thing is the warrenty, you relaly dont want to void that if you had it professionally installed.