PDA

View Full Version : Componant set.

pwnt by pat
03-13-2006, 02:34 PM
So I missed the Arco Preorder by I guess a day or two. Sad me, oh well.

So my budget is 300ish (what I would pay for arcos now), target towards SQ. I'm looking for a decent set of tweeters and mids, any size. I'm going active so a DIY set isn't any problem.

I know some options but am looking to see what kind of other input I can get.

As an option, on eca I found a set of AVI Direct FRM-160 components for 325 shipped. Any thoughts on those?

AcidicDreams
03-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Check out http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/index.php? for active sets...

I see alot of people running dayton reference mids with LPG tweets... there are also DLS and rainbow comps in your price range...

Dozy_production
03-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Really the sale for the arcos are done? thats really lame since they dont have specs and their website isnt updated.

alphakenny1
03-13-2006, 02:44 PM
I see alot of people running dayton reference mids with LPG tweets

really? thats real odd because they don't really make an ideal combo. i've seen some people run it and say they had success but with that said the LPG's are best crossed at 3khz at a very steep slope such as 24db/oct and the daytons really tend to breakup at around 2khz. so you would have that 1khz gap (which isn't bad but we want to cover as much of the frequency range as possible). So thats why the seas/lpg is a much better combo. seas can play up to 3khz no problem.

if going with the dayton's look into some tweeter that can play really low. if a large format tweet is plausible maybe match it with the dayton large format tweet as well.

AcidicDreams
03-13-2006, 02:46 PM
really? thats real odd because they don't really make an ideal combo. i've seen some people run it and say they had success but with that said the LPG's are best crossed at 3khz at a very steep slope such as 24db/oct and the daytons really tend to breakup at around 2khz. so you would have that 1khz gap (which isn't bad but we want to cover as much of the frequency range as possible). So thats why the seas/lpg is a much better combo. seas can play up to 3khz no problem.

if going with the dayton's look into some tweeter that can play really low. if a large format tweet is plausible maybe match it with the dayton large format tweet as well.

yah I'm just going off what I've seen... your correct I'm sure... one of these days I'll go active DIY and I won't be an active noob anymore... thanks for correcting me

alphakenny1
03-13-2006, 02:49 PM
yah I'm just going off what I've seen... your correct I'm sure... one of these days I'll go active DIY and I won't be an active noob anymore... thanks for correcting me

lol its cool. just go active now. its cheap!!

rocky 59
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
no its not ive spent over 400 bucks going active lol kenny i hate you

Dozy_production
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
so alpha how do you like that seas mid?

AcidicDreams
03-13-2006, 02:55 PM
lol its cool. just go active now. its cheap!!

I might.. but I just traded for a CDT comp set and bought a Zapco Ref 350.2... unless I can trade up to a 4ch on the zapco and sell the CDT's I'll just wait :)...

alphakenny1
03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
so alpha how do you like that seas mid?

they are awesome. midrange is crystal clear as they come and the low end is great. very tight clean midbass.

alphakenny1
03-13-2006, 03:01 PM
I might.. but I just traded for a CDT comp set and bought a Zapco Ref 350.2... unless I can trade up to a 4ch on the zapco and sell the CDT's I'll just wait :)...

:( . lol. nice pick up though. i had a zapco 500m which is the equivalent to the current zapco reference 500.1, very nice amp.

also you probably need a 3 way crossover. lol more money out of the pocket..haha.

pwnt by pat
03-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Any opinions on the CA18RLY? The response graphs look nice. I think I have about 60-80w to throw at 8ohms, however...

alphakenny1
03-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Any opinions on the CA18RLY? The response graphs look nice. I think I have about 60-80w to throw at 8ohms, however...

i have those. awesome mids. well i explained them above. i have about 35 watts going to them right now and it sounds really good.

AcidicDreams
03-13-2006, 05:25 PM
:( . lol. nice pick up though. i had a zapco 500m which is the equivalent to the current zapco reference 500.1, very nice amp.

also you probably need a 3 way crossover. lol more money out of the pocket..haha.

my hu could swing it I think...