PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend's Riveria

Flipx99
03-13-2006, 01:11 PM
My girlfriend has a 98 buick riveria with concert sound II. I can see that it is a 5.25 and a tweet. I am just going to give her my alpine type r set. My question comes in about the cross-over. In my old buick there was a wire from each the tweeter and the mid, and crossed at the HU probably. Do I need to re-wire the whole deal or "assume" that the factory crossover will work. She doesn't want an amp or other than factory CD player. She listens to oldies if that matters.

squeak9798
03-13-2006, 01:18 PM
She listens to oldies if that matters.

Is your girlfriend middle-aged :confused:

anyways...if you are just running them off of the factory stock deck, I wouldn't even bother with the components. I'd sell them (if you aren't going to use them) and just pick up a decent co-axial.

But no, don't just *assume* that the factory crossover will work.

Flipx99
03-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Is your girlfriend middle-aged :confused:

anyways...if you are just running them off of the factory stock deck, I wouldn't even bother with the components. I'd sell them (if you aren't going to use them) and just pick up a decent co-axial.

But no, don't just *assume* that the factory crossover will work.

You're saying just leave the tweeter out and just hook us some coaxials in place of the mid.

not middle aged, she's 24. Just different I suppose.

tRiGgEr
03-13-2006, 02:14 PM
It's not worth installing a comp set in place of the factory one on HU power. Your results will not be much different on the HU's power. Keep the stocks unless they are blown.

Flipx99
03-13-2006, 02:17 PM
It's not worth installing a comp set in place of the factory one on HU power. Your results will not be much different on the HU's power. Keep the stocks unless they are blown.

They are blown...probably replacing with coaxials per squeaks reccomendation. Now I am off to search for good ones that work okay off factory power.

Flipx99
03-13-2006, 03:15 PM
I found these for $105 at onlinecarstereo.com

Kenwood KFC-XR601

Darth Audio
03-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Just wanted to suggest checking out Crystal's coaxes. They are probably the best sounding coaxes I've heard. They will do okay off low power as well. However I'm not sure about cost.

Colin+M
03-13-2006, 09:42 PM
the crossover is an inline passive between the mid and tweet. like its been said...if you aren't going to amp them, don't go with components or if you are i would use the component set supplied crossover.

I have a Regal GS with the concert II sound as well but it has been replaced. The factory fronts don't sound bad, they just can't get very loud without distorting.

Flipx99
03-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Just wanted to suggest checking out Crystal's coaxes. They are probably the best sounding coaxes I've heard. They will do okay off low power as well. However I'm not sure about cost.

Who sells em'. I will give anything a look