PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse headunit question

BUMP MY RIDE
03-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Ok im still working my way around the features of the unit and but for the loudness feature which most units have, does this hurt the sound quality?I know in some songs it makes the bass sound muddy:crap: and doesnt blend with the music and some songs loudness enhance the way they sound:) so dont know how bad /good loud is on the eclipse. Use or dont use??

dkguitarist
03-12-2006, 09:39 AM
if it were me, i'd use it just on songs/cds with a lower/quieter recording to help boost the lower end a bit. but you can damage your speakers if you play it very loud constantly like that cuz of clipping at higher volumes. its upto you really. just my .02 cents.

BUMP MY RIDE
03-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Ok so that means you use it well my old pioneer deck would sound like crap with loudness turn off but it appears to be different on the eclipse.

danteBirosel
03-12-2006, 02:23 PM
i say dont play the loudness feature at all. it's always good to stay in the safe side.

thugpassion
03-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Ok so that means you use it well my old pioneer deck would sound like crap with loudness turn off but it appears to be different on the eclipse.
x2 about the pioneer, we'll see how the eclipse is in a few days hopefully(ups where arrrrrrrre yoooooou?)