PDA

View Full Version : ?'s on some fiberglassing

rocky 59
03-12-2006, 02:12 AM
okay im gonna build some kicks for my s10 reg cab. now i have a knowledge of working with mat and resin so thats not the problem. the front side is confusing me a little. like when you sreecth the fleece

how do you keep it form wrinkling or folding over?

how do you know when you serchte the fleece too much??

where do i buy that "goo" you use on the fleece? like wal mart or something?

how do you attach the kick to the side of the cab??

thanks guys i hope to get these done this week. il post pics up when im done.

maldecido33
03-12-2006, 02:51 AM
you have knowledge of using mat and resin, but you want to know where to buy the "goo" to go over the fleece....

it's just resin + hardener

rocky 59
03-12-2006, 02:53 AM
sorry but i thought it looked alot thicker than resin. and its black the resin i use is clear

maldecido33
03-12-2006, 03:24 AM
it's prolly black cause of the fleece

rocky 59
03-12-2006, 03:31 AM
o okay i get it know im a retard. i think because in the pictures i was looking at he was using a dark blue fleece. okay i got the part now. what about the others?

springy101
03-12-2006, 03:52 AM
for the fleece you get a razor blade and cut lines down the side so it doesnt fold over itself.

kpozr2
03-12-2006, 07:50 PM
sorry to intrude on the thread, but do you even need to use mat when you do the fleece the 1st time? or just coat the fleece real heavy and let it dry, then when its dry do you start with mat again?

azbass
03-12-2006, 07:55 PM
if you wrap it right , you dont have to make any cuts, just keep working and streachin the fleece so there are no folds. then soak the fleese in resin.

kpozr2: coat it first, let dry, sand it a bit, then lay the mat down.

ramos
03-13-2006, 09:40 AM
okay im gonna build some kicks for my s10 reg cab. now i have a knowledge of working with mat and resin so thats not the problem. the front side is confusing me a little. like when you stretch the fleece
how do you keep it form wrinkling or folding over?

how do you know when you serchte the fleece too much??

where do i buy that "goo" you use on the fleece? like wal mart or something?

how do you attach the kick to the side of the cab??

thanks guys i hope to get these done this week. il post pics up when im done.

1. Keep pulling and stretching, the wrinkles and folds will come out rather easy. I like to use spray glue on the back of my molds to hold the fleece when I'm stretching it.Then just work my way around removing and folds or wrinkles as I go. Only cutting needed will be trimming excess from the rear.

2. Don't want to stretch holes in it. But you also don't want it too sag when you apply resin.

3. as was said the goo is polyester resin and hardener. Can get it at wally world, autozone, advance, pep boys, boat supply yards.

4. I try to get at least one ( more if possible ) through the back side of the kick into the metal frame in the kick area of the car. :)

rocky 59
03-13-2006, 02:37 PM
thanks ramos.