PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with CDT HD sets get in here. I need help!

m48xhp
03-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I cannot for the life of me get the tweeters out of the cups they came in. I want the flush mount cups on them and they will not come out. i have torn them up but i do not want to damage them. they will not push out. if i am doing something wrong, let me know

thank you very much

WillyG4444
03-10-2006, 09:14 PM
If I remember correctly, the tweeter comes in a cup and you need to take that off and replace it with the other ones. I could be wrong, I think I remember doing that though because I couldn't get them to fit either.

m48xhp
03-10-2006, 09:19 PM
If I remember correctly, the tweeter comes in a cup and you need to take that off and replace it with the other ones. I could be wrong, I think I remember doing that though because I couldn't get them to fit either.
right, thats what i mean. i cannot get them off. i dont want to tear them up more than i already have or damage the speaker. i dont know what i could be doing wrong.

WillyG4444
03-10-2006, 09:38 PM
You can try to talk to djdilliodon on the forums or on AIM he would know. I think I just pryed them off with a little force, though.

m48xhp
03-10-2006, 09:48 PM
You can try to talk to djdilliodon on the forums or on AIM he would know. I think I just pryed them off with a little force, though.
i have put tons of force behind it. i even turned them upside down on the flush mount cup to hold the old cup still and hammered...yes hammered, at my screwdriver and they did not budge. i have pryed plastic off of them and scratched them. its pissing me off. :furious:

ill try to get ahold of him. thanks

Zxcvtypo
03-10-2006, 10:55 PM
yo, i had the same problem with my hd-62's. get a flathead screwdriver and stick it in the little slit you see along the bottom of that little ridge and pop it out if i remember correctly..either that or screw it out, it was a while ago. but yeah there should be a little slit you can stick a flathead into, try that first and wiggle it up and down a little with some force and see if that workd, i'm pretty sure thats what i did.

you'll love the drivers by the way, make sure your doors are nicely deadened;)

m48xhp
03-11-2006, 01:05 AM
yo, i had the same problem with my hd-62's. get a flathead screwdriver and stick it in the little slit you see along the bottom of that little ridge and pop it out if i remember correctly..either that or screw it out, it was a while ago. but yeah there should be a little slit you can stick a flathead into, try that first and wiggle it up and down a little with some force and see if that workd, i'm pretty sure thats what i did.

you'll love the drivers by the way, make sure your doors are nicely deadened;)
thats what ive done and ive got nothing. they move around but i cannot get them out.

slain93gsr
03-11-2006, 02:27 AM
i thought i remember them twisting off with some force. hmm

m48xhp
03-11-2006, 02:52 AM
i cant get a grab on them to twist.

djdilliodon
03-11-2006, 05:20 PM
what model tweeters? drt25 or drt26 modular or other?

m48xhp
03-11-2006, 05:42 PM
hd-62 cv component set.

djdilliodon
03-11-2006, 07:06 PM
hd-62cv is an older model ef set. Off hand i dont remember what tweets come with that set. You have the exact model by chance?

m48xhp
03-11-2006, 07:55 PM
yeah, sorry. it say the tweets are TW-19.