PDA

View Full Version : sub mounting question... 3 assasin 10's...

HincklNutt
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
yesterday, a few buddies and I built a new enclosure for my upcoming 3 ascendant audio assasin 10's. the enclosures 4cu. ft@31Hz. dimensions are 37Wx23Dx16H. and there is internal bracing beetweend the subs.

the port is in the front center bottom of the box, and is 24"wide x 3"tall and goes up inside 7" . anyways, the subs are going ot be mounted on the top of the boxes, and i was wondering if it would make a difference if the subs on the left and the right of the top where mounted towards the back, and the sub in the middle was mountedd towards the front?

thats really my only question, i dont think it will make a difference but figured id ask.

ramos
03-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Would look different, but sound different I don't know. The subs may react differently by being placed closer or farther away form the walls and ports. I have seen it done before though with no effect . :)

HincklNutt
03-10-2006, 01:58 PM
yeah, i was going to mount them all in a straight line going accross the length of the box, but then they sit too close to eachother(the mounting rings would be pushing against eachother) but because the port doenst go all the way accross the bottom, i figured it wouldnt really make a differecnce either way. becauset they'd still bein the same spot in relation to the port in a way.... who know's...

ramos
03-10-2006, 02:01 PM
I have seen exactly what you described and it sounded normal to my old ears. Try it and see :)