PDA

View Full Version : selling my Dyn's and buying some Diamonds.

lubetek
03-08-2006, 08:15 PM
well I never even heard my Dynaudio System 260's and they are sold to a friend (once he gives me the money)

Another friend got me a fantastic deal on a set of Diamond Audio D971's for less than $450 brand new at the dealer where his friend works. So before I even hear those Dyn's and change my mind I'm getting those D9's. Too good of a deal to pass up.

also I have never had good speakers before in a car. the best I had were some cheap 6.5 kenwoods and Advent speakers back in the day (10 years ago) since then nothing but stock. ANY speaker I put in will sound leaps and bounds better than anything I have ever owned. I checked the D9's out today at a local shop and god **** they sound amazing. I don't know what the Dyn's sound like but when my bro installs them in his ride I'll find out.:cool:

FoxPro5
03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Nice pick up! I've heard good things about them. Post a review on them homie! BTW, I LMAO every time I see your avatar.

3.5Max6spd
03-08-2006, 09:06 PM
D9's are very nice and all, but i'd still rock the Dyn's over them. Either way you are getting great speakers. Good luck.

6spdcoupe
03-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Both are great choices and would of course vary in each persons tastes, but I have a feeling well be hearing back from you with regrets for not keepin the Dyns...;)

flakko
03-09-2006, 01:01 AM
haha you cant brag that your mids VC's are as thick as your subs with the diamonds ;)

lubetek
03-09-2006, 01:07 AM
haha you cant brag that your mids VC's are as thick as your subs with the diamonds ;)

I can't say that about my Dynaudio's either. they have the same basket design with lack of magnet.

lubetek
03-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Both are great choices and would of course vary in each persons tastes, but I have a feeling well be hearing back from you with regrets for not keepin the Dyns...;)

ya never know....

Ignatowski
03-09-2006, 06:34 AM
let us know how you like the D9s,those things are beefy....

squeak9798
03-09-2006, 09:30 AM
I think I would hold off on making a decision until after you've heard the Dyns.

I'd rather go with the best sounding speaker, rather than the best "deal".

lubetek
03-09-2006, 11:43 PM
I think I would hold off on making a decision until after you've heard the Dyns.

I'd rather go with the best sounding speaker, rather than the best "deal".

I have heard the D9's and love them. I'm getting exactly what I want.:)

P.S. I have to have my doors fiberglassed to hold which ever speaker I choose. I do not want to deal with changing the pods around to hold a different set. I tested the D9's and I have to say I was really impressed with them. so it's not all about saving money. if they didn't sound amazing "to me" I wouldn't buy them.

6spdcoupe
03-10-2006, 12:54 AM
But the question is...have you heard the Dyns ?

flakko
03-10-2006, 03:02 AM
yup cant make a comparison w/o something to compare

3.5Max6spd
03-10-2006, 10:19 AM
There really isn't a whole to compare other than tweeters. The D9 driver is based on the Morel Elate/Cast frame using that similar design poly cone both Dyn/Morel use. You should not be too far off midbass performance/tonality specially pumping the same power to them. Just hard for me to pass up that md100 tweeter for a hard dome, specially when you havent compared both- considering the history of the Diamond Hex tweeters and passive xovers.

But like i said either way you are in for a nice treat.

SinongTatayMo
03-10-2006, 12:05 PM
i feel a thread coming, "**** shoulda kept the dyns" HAHA

6spdcoupe
03-10-2006, 12:58 PM
i feel a thread coming, "**** shoulda kept the dyns" HAHA

To save face and a bit of dignity, that prolly wont happen. ;)

dimond
03-12-2006, 04:23 AM
i did a 3way comparison with the D9, Dyn 240, and Focal Utopia..
all three are high end speakers as everybody knows, however i think its just listener preference when ur at this level...for me id stick with the D971's.