PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, back into the same dilemma as b4...

fatryan
03-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Ive had my 8445 for some time now. I got it in the fall (october maybe). and in december, the display started cutting out. well when i bought it (from Good Vibes in Horsham, pa), the owner told me it'll have a 3 year warranty and that if i ever have a problem, hell do a direct exchange at the shop for a brand new one. well when i encountered this first problem, he "didnt have any 8445's in stock". so i gave him mine and he was gonna try to get eclipse to do an advanced sale, so id have a replacement in days. i managed to get him to give me a loner, but it was a total POS old nak deck from 1912 and the preouts were totally ****ed. well 3 weeks later i finally got my **** deck back. and now, just a couple weeks ago, this brand new deck starts **** too. first it started randomly jumping into auxilary mode. then it started skipping like crazy on every cd (even freshly burned ones). and sometimes it would just completely stop playing, but the counter would continue to incriment. i watched it count to 10 minutes one time on a 3 minute song. and this is all after it worked flawlessly for a couple months. so anyways, i go back to good vibes yesterday and tell them. and theyre total dickheads at first. but then the owner starts with the "im on your side" bs. but whatever. well he says they dont make the 8445 anymore...ok i figured that since the new lines out. so i just had to send it in for repair (despite the fact that when i bought it he said he take care of it). well i told them im not going through with that bullshit again. and he said he could try to argue with eclipse to get me a credit. and i think that meant ill get my money back...well at least thats how he made it sound. so im thinkin if that happens, im gonna stay away from eclipse. maybe i just had bad luck, i dunno, but im **** sick of this. so my dilemma is what HU to get.

ive posted a thread or 2 about this b4. i want a HU with high V preouts, 24bit DAC, mp3 playback, and some way to pause it, not mute. my eclipse didnt have a pause option, but the power button worked just the same. it turned on and off quickly (unlike pioneers). sorry about the little rant in this thread. so, any suggestions?

Black_Jesus
03-08-2006, 10:42 PM

fatryan
03-08-2006, 10:42 PM
i thought that had 2v preouts and a 1 bit DAC...

pwnt by pat
03-08-2006, 10:53 PM
99% chance you won't notice a difference. Preout voltage will only make a difference on where you have to set your gains at.

FoxPro5
03-08-2006, 10:53 PM
8053...I remember you Ryan...tryed to sell you my 8445, should have scooped it! Well anyway, sux to hear that you got a bad one. The #3 button on the 8053 will pause.

billybrown66
03-08-2006, 11:07 PM
http://infiniteelectronix.com/item.asp?PID=11739

knotslck
03-08-2006, 11:08 PM
i just order a 8053. seemed to me to be the best i could get for the money. found it for 220 shipped on ebay used. i have never heard of any one having that many problems with thier eclipse deck before. but good luck with getting a new deck.

davidfre21
03-08-2006, 11:09 PM
pioneers have a mute botton, actualy 2 ;)

fatryan
03-08-2006, 11:50 PM
99% chance you won't notice a difference. Preout voltage will only make a difference on where you have to set your gains at.well i guess im in that 1%, cause i def noticed a difference.

fatryan
03-08-2006, 11:52 PM
8053...I remember you Ryan...tryed to sell you my 8445, should have scooped it! Well anyway, sux to hear that you got a bad one. The #3 button on the 8053 will pause.the 8053 doesnt have mp3 playback IIRC

fatryan
03-08-2006, 11:54 PM
http://infiniteelectronix.com/item.asp?PID=11739that looks nice. that doesnt have a pause button on the face does it? but it does have that button on the remote that can be programmed to pause, right? is this a new model?

fatryan
03-08-2006, 11:56 PM
i just order a 8053. seemed to me to be the best i could get for the money. found it for 220 shipped on ebay used. i have never heard of any one having that many problems with thier eclipse deck before. but good luck with getting a new deck.thanx, yeah i never heard of any1 having problems like this with eclipse decks

fatryan
03-08-2006, 11:57 PM
pioneers have a mute botton, actualy 2 ;)not some of the ones i was lookin at. and i want pause anyways, not mute

billybrown66
03-09-2006, 12:28 AM
that looks nice. that doesnt have a pause button on the face does it? but it does have that button on the remote that can be programmed to pause, right? is this a new model?

it's the new pioneer premier p880prs, see this thread...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142521

fatryan
03-09-2006, 12:54 AM
it's the new pioneer premier p880prs, see this thread...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142521its looking and soundin nice. sux its not out yet. and sux itll be so expensive when it is out.

billybrown66
03-09-2006, 01:00 AM
there hasn't really been a price announced though, $500 MSRP, so it will be lower than that.

fatryan
03-09-2006, 01:30 AM
there hasn't really been a price announced though, $500 MSRP, so it will be lower than that.i hope so. cause if i end up wanting 1, id like to at least break even with the money from my eclipse

pwnt by pat
03-09-2006, 03:16 AM
well i guess im in that 1%, cause i def noticed a difference.

Just a question, I'm not calling you a liar persay, but have you tried a/b testing?

fatryan
03-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Just a question, I'm not calling you a liar persay, but have you tried a/b testing?i dunno what a/b testing is. but i do know that ive owned many different decks. all of which were below 4V and all had 1-bit DAC. and when i switched to my eclipse, which is 8v/55ohm and 24-bit DAC, i noticed a significant difference in sq

pwnt by pat
03-09-2006, 08:24 AM
a/b means you blindly listen to each one and try and determine which is which. This is the amp challenge, however same rules would still apply:
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18815

What makes it so hard about head units is that there's more to the reproduction of sound besides the dac, and quality of the dac is NOT the sole reason for the accuracy of the sound. If I recall correctly, all but the highest end Clarions had 1 bit dacs and were still reguarded as pretty good sounding units.

davidfre21
03-09-2006, 09:23 AM
not some of the ones i was lookin at. and i want pause anyways, not mute
thats what i meant, i know my 8600 has it, u just need to find it through the screens. Unless u have a remote then its the program button... which works on almost all Pioneers

El Ropo
03-09-2006, 09:42 AM
thanx, yeah i never heard of any1 having problems like this with eclipse decks

My roommate was an eskips dealer for several years in a shop up in MO somewhere. They dropped the whole line after many defective HUs, and eclipse refusing to honor their warranty. This is very common, but since eskips has a smaller market share (they sell a lot less HUs than alpine or pioneer), the stories don't seem to come up as often.

Most people are just thrilled with their stuff, but the company itself is very hard to deal with, and outright effed up when it comes to honoring their warranty on defective product.

OldOneEye
03-09-2006, 01:33 PM
My experience (and this year it changed) was that Eclipse has an advanced exchange. Your dealer calls up Eclipse, they send a unit to him, they put that in your car and then put yours in the box and send it back. Usually they have refurbished units fixed, boxed and ready to go waiting for the phone call.

Eclipse might have had a bad batch, but your dealer seems to be out of the loop. I would call Eclipse directly and ask them directly what to do. I guess they have refurbished ones (where do you think bad ones go?) sitting around ready to go and your dealer just doesn't want to get up off his A$$.

My guess is he won't give you your money back and you will get a refurbished 8445 back shortly from Eclipse through your dealer.

Juan

Ive had my 8445 for some time now. I got it in the fall (october maybe). and in december, the display started cutting out. well when i bought it (from Good Vibes in Horsham, pa), the owner told me it'll have a 3 year warranty and that if i ever have a problem, hell do a direct exchange at the shop for a brand new one. well when i encountered this first problem, he "didnt have any 8445's in stock". so i gave him mine and he was gonna try to get eclipse to do an advanced sale, so id have a replacement in days. i managed to get him to give me a loner, but it was a total POS old nak deck from 1912 and the preouts were totally ****ed. well 3 weeks later i finally got my **** deck back. and now, just a couple weeks ago, this brand new deck starts **** too. first it started randomly jumping into auxilary mode. then it started skipping like crazy on every cd (even freshly burned ones). and sometimes it would just completely stop playing, but the counter would continue to incriment. i watched it count to 10 minutes one time on a 3 minute song. and this is all after it worked flawlessly for a couple months. so anyways, i go back to good vibes yesterday and tell them. and theyre total dickheads at first. but then the owner starts with the "im on your side" bs. but whatever. well he says they dont make the 8445 anymore...ok i figured that since the new lines out. so i just had to send it in for repair (despite the fact that when i bought it he said he take care of it). well i told them im not going through with that bullshit again. and he said he could try to argue with eclipse to get me a credit. and i think that meant ill get my money back...well at least thats how he made it sound. so im thinkin if that happens, im gonna stay away from eclipse. maybe i just had bad luck, i dunno, but im **** sick of this. so my dilemma is what HU to get.

ive posted a thread or 2 about this b4. i want a HU with high V preouts, 24bit DAC, mp3 playback, and some way to pause it, not mute. my eclipse didnt have a pause option, but the power button worked just the same. it turned on and off quickly (unlike pioneers). sorry about the little rant in this thread. so, any suggestions?

mikegett
03-10-2006, 02:00 AM
My roommate was an eskips dealer for several years in a shop up in MO somewhere. They dropped the whole line after many defective HUs, and eclipse refusing to honor their warranty. This is very common, but since eskips has a smaller market share (they sell a lot less HUs than alpine or pioneer), the stories don't seem to come up as often.

Most people are just thrilled with their stuff, but the company itself is very hard to deal with, and outright effed up when it comes to honoring their warranty on defective product.

Not true. Eclipse has one of the lowest deffect percentages in the market. There productions are a fraction of the amount that Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood and others produce. When calculating ppm percentages, lower volumes of product will result in higher deffect scores. This means that a company that produces less product will have to have fewer deffects to keep the same percentages that higher volume companies carry.
A warranty issue does not have to go through your dealer. As long as you have your reciept and have registered your warranty it can be done over the phone. I have owned six Eclipse HU's, three amps, four sets of speakers, and three subs. My first problem was with a 8455 last March. I live over fifty miles from the nearest dealer and called Eclipse. It took about ten minutes to find my registration, ten minutes to explain the problem, and another four or five to get a PO number. I mailed in the defective unit and they sent a brand new 8455 via ups two day delivery. I can't stand the eclipse email support, but the phone support is quite nice.

JLCivic
03-10-2006, 09:08 AM
i dunno what a/b testing is. but i do know that ive owned many different decks. all of which were below 4V and all had 1-bit DAC. and when i switched to my eclipse, which is 8v/55ohm and 24-bit DAC, i noticed a significant difference in sq
I don't doubt that at all(huge eclipse fan here), BUT you don't know for sure if the better sound was due to the dacs, for example(I have heard dual 1 bit eclipses sound better than 24 bit decks that cost nearly twice as much, for example).

I do think, of the mass marketed decks, Eclipse makes the best sounding ones.

fatryan
03-10-2006, 01:03 PM
a/b means you blindly listen to each one and try and determine which is which. This is the amp challenge, however same rules would still apply:
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18815

What makes it so hard about head units is that there's more to the reproduction of sound besides the dac, and quality of the dac is NOT the sole reason for the accuracy of the sound. If I recall correctly, all but the highest end Clarions had 1 bit dacs and were still reguarded as pretty good sounding units.no i havent done that. that would be virtually impossible for me to do since id hafta install the decks. anyways, i know the DAC isnt the only feature that determines sq, but it IS 1 factor. and i want the best i can get for the money.

fatryan
03-10-2006, 01:06 PM
thats what i meant, i know my 8600 has it, u just need to find it through the screens. Unless u have a remote then its the program button... which works on almost all Pioneersi think they might all have the pause feature in the function menu, thats how my 550mp was. but they dont all have a program button on the remote, because not all pioneer decks use that specific remote. the steering wheel remote doesnt have a pause or program button. i dealt with my 550mp's annoying pause feature (having to go through the menu to pause it) for years, and i want something easier.

fatryan
03-10-2006, 01:08 PM

Most people are just thrilled with their stuff, but the company itself is very hard to deal with, and outright effed up when it comes to honoring their warranty on defective product.yeah, thats how it seems when i talk to the owner of good vibes about my deck. he says theyre such a pain in the ***. btw, that bastard at good vibes didnt call me AGAIN. im gonna go shove my foot up his *** when i get home tonight.

fatryan
03-10-2006, 01:10 PM
My experience (and this year it changed) was that Eclipse has an advanced exchange. Your dealer calls up Eclipse, they send a unit to him, they put that in your car and then put yours in the box and send it back. Usually they have refurbished units fixed, boxed and ready to go waiting for the phone call.

Eclipse might have had a bad batch, but your dealer seems to be out of the loop. I would call Eclipse directly and ask them directly what to do. I guess they have refurbished ones (where do you think bad ones go?) sitting around ready to go and your dealer just doesn't want to get up off his A$$.

My guess is he won't give you your money back and you will get a refurbished 8445 back shortly from Eclipse through your dealer.

Juanwell thats what he did the first time. of course, it took 3 ****ing weeks for some reason. and this time they said they wont do it.

fatryan
03-10-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't doubt that at all(huge eclipse fan here), BUT you don't know for sure if the better sound was due to the dacs, for example(I have heard dual 1 bit eclipses sound better than 24 bit decks that cost nearly twice as much, for example).

I do think, of the mass marketed decks, Eclipse makes the best sounding ones.im not saying the DAC is the only factor in sq. how do you guys derive this from what i said? lol. yes, there may be other DACs that are better than a 24-bit, of course. but id rather have a 24 as compaired to a 1.

6spdcoupe
03-11-2006, 12:45 AM

Either he was quite the ****** dealer, or hes blowing smoke up your ***. Ive had nothing but excellent service from them. From my personal experience as well as many other local dealers and others I come across on various forums.

JLCivic
03-11-2006, 09:16 PM
im not saying the DAC is the only factor in sq. how do you guys derive this from what i said? lol. yes, there may be other DACs that are better than a 24-bit, of course. but id rather have a 24 as compaired to a 1.

How did I derive that from what you said, because you seem to be automatically assuming 24 bit is better than 1 bit. Again, I have heard 1 bit eclipses sound better to my years than a 24 bit clarion that cost nearly twice as much.

Just listen with your ears and buy what sounds better to you.

fatryan
03-13-2006, 03:56 AM
How did I derive that from what you said, because you seem to be automatically assuming 24 bit is better than 1 bit. Again, I have heard 1 bit eclipses sound better to my years than a 24 bit clarion that cost nearly twice as much.

Just listen with your ears and buy what sounds better to you.you just explained how you derived that from what i said :rolleyes: . when did i say 24 is necessarily better than 1bit? i didnt. i do however think that generally it is. but this is a retarded arguement anyways.

and as an update, i went to good vibes on saturday. they again said they couldnt give me a direct exchange. its bullshit. but anyways, they gave me the 5425 in the wall to use till mine gets back. the only thing that really made me not wanna do that is that its 5v preouts as opposed to 8, so my gains needed to be reset. i asked them to do it when i made them put the deck in my truck. they said they did, but i think they only touched the gains on my orion and prolly didnt even set them right. and i dont have my DMM or any tools here with me to do it. so i think im just gonna deal with it till i get my deck back. so much for needing a new deck (knock on wood). thanx for the suggestions all. chances are ill be needing them when my deck stops working again, lol.

JLCivic
03-13-2006, 07:07 AM
you just explained how you derived that from what i said :rolleyes: . when did i say 24 is necessarily better than 1bit? i didnt. i do however think that generally it is. but this is a retarded arguement anyways.

and as an update, i went to good vibes on saturday. they again said they couldnt give me a direct exchange. its bullshit. but anyways, they gave me the 5425 in the wall to use till mine gets back. the only thing that really made me not wanna do that is that its 5v preouts as opposed to 8, so my gains needed to be reset. i asked them to do it when i made them put the deck in my truck. they said they did, but i think they only touched the gains on my orion and prolly didnt even set them right. and i dont have my DMM or any tools here with me to do it. so i think im just gonna deal with it till i get my deck back. so much for needing a new deck (knock on wood). thanx for the suggestions all. chances are ill be needing them when my deck stops working again, lol.

You said, "but id rather have a 24 as compaired to a 1."

My point was(and is) that just because the dacs are a higher bit doesn't mean they are better(as my example indicates). You have to listen with your ears. Hell there are some who prefer the sound of the older eclipses(1 bit) to the newer 24 bit stuff anyway.

I doubt you will notice much difference between the 5 and 8V. Either should be an excellent sounding deck. Good luck getting everything taken care of regarding your deck.

fatryan
04-28-2006, 01:26 AM
im back. yeah, i think this is the 4th 8445 that ive been through now. and every time i get a replacement, they claim its "brand new", even though when i bring it in to get replaced they say "we cant get you a new one cause eclipse doesnt make them anymore". well ive come to the absolute conclusion that my new replacements have NOT been new. cause they have the same problems if not more every time i get one back. this is a ****ing joke. im completely done with eclipse forever. i dont care if they have an amazing rep and every1 in the world has never had my problems, im not dealing with this **** again.

ok, so what deck should i get now? i really really wanted that pioneer bluetooth deck until about 5 minutes ago when i found out its not compatible with my motorola e815. its prolly a great deck, but i wanna see what else is out now. anything new out i might like since i last posted? i have been out of car audio almost completely since i left for school, so i dunno what the hells going on anymore. any other not so new, but still good suggestions?

canadian_mofo
04-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I Just bought the the new kenwood excelleron x890 for 260 off ebay ill let you know how that sounds when i get it next week.

fatryan
04-28-2006, 03:10 PM
I Just bought the the new kenwood excelleron x890 for 260 off ebay ill let you know how that sounds when i get it next week.wow, that thing sounds nice. this 1 also has bluetooth. any1 know how i can find out if my moto e815 will work with this deck? and whats the deal with the USB? i went to kenwoods site and looked on ebay and they really dont give you too much info. anybody know more about this 1? or the x990?

6spdcoupe
04-28-2006, 03:21 PM
im back. yeah, i think this is the 4th 8445 that ive been through now. and every time i get a replacement, they claim its "brand new", even though when i bring it in to get replaced they say "we cant get you a new one cause eclipse doesnt make them anymore". well ive come to the absolute conclusion that my new replacements have NOT been new. cause they have the same problems if not more every time i get one back. this is a ****ing joke. im completely done with eclipse forever. i dont care if they have an amazing rep and every1 in the world has never had my problems, im not dealing with this **** again.

ok, so what deck should i get now? i really really wanted that pioneer bluetooth deck until about 5 minutes ago when i found out its not compatible with my motorola e815. its prolly a great deck, but i wanna see what else is out now. anything new out i might like since i last posted? i have been out of car audio almost completely since i left for school, so i dunno what the hells going on anymore. any other not so new, but still good suggestions?

Are you sure it Eclipse that keeps giving you the same unit back and not the dealer? I havent had to send back any 54/55s yet, but in the past anything that I got back was either repaired or replaced promptly without the issues arising again.

fatryan
04-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Are you sure it Eclipse that keeps giving you the same unit back and not the dealer? I havent had to send back any 54/55s yet, but in the past anything that I got back was either repaired or replaced promptly without the issues arising again.well they dont have any 8445's left, and each time its been gone for weeks, so chances are that they did send it out. to where? i dunno. i would hope eclipse, but who knows. its quite possible that it is the dealer since nobody else has had my problems. but either way, im gettin my friggin money back from these jerkoffs and never buying from them again. and i would prolly just buy a 8445 somewhere else, but theyre not made anymore, and i heard bad things about the new line. but who knows, well see. i just wanna get some opinions on what are the nice decks out now. when i get my money back, ill have ~$450 to spend on a deck.

6spdcoupe
04-28-2006, 06:51 PM
well they dont have any 8445's left, and each time its been gone for weeks, so chances are that they did send it out. to where? i dunno. i would hope eclipse, but who knows. its quite possible that it is the dealer since nobody else has had my problems. but either way, im gettin my friggin money back from these jerkoffs and never buying from them again. and i would prolly just buy a 8445 somewhere else, but theyre not made anymore, and i heard bad things about the new line. but who knows, well see. i just wanna get some opinions on what are the nice decks out now. when i get my money back, ill have ~$450 to spend on a deck.

I hear ya and can definately appreciate your frustration.

What bad things have you heard on the new ones?

mikegett
04-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Did you check the serial numbers of the HU's? This should tell you if the same deck is being returned to you. If you speculate the dealer is not being honest, then check there receipts. They will have the serial number posted for the waranty. Most likely you have one of two issues. Either the same deck is being returned without a sufficient fix or your car is causing the issues. If the decks serial numbers are different, then you may wish to have your electrical system looked at. Just like a computer, many newer decks must have a constant 12 volts supplied to opperate. Even my older Eclipse 54430 (a 2000 model) had issues when my altenator was failing. Correction. my altenator had a poor ground causing intermittant problems. I never saw my lights dim. The first issues were with my HU and my transmission. The electronic transmission wasn't always shifting correctly and the HU sounded weak with malfunctioning display. The cd player would become erratic at best with cd's. Primarily burned ones. This went on for a week till I discovered the poor ground terminal from the altenator to the chasis. Good luck and try to stay patient. Mike Gettinger

6spdcoupe
04-29-2006, 12:29 AM
When your unit was returned was it wrapped in plastic with a error form tapped to it? Also compare serial #s to your original box. Unless you sent it in with it. :(

fatryan
05-19-2006, 05:05 AM
I hear ya and can definately appreciate your frustration.

What bad things have you heard on the new ones?heard SQ and overall quality really declined...i dunno if its true but i heard it quite a few times

fatryan
05-19-2006, 05:16 AM
Did you check the serial numbers of the HU's? This should tell you if the same deck is being returned to you. If you speculate the dealer is not being honest, then check there receipts. They will have the serial number posted for the waranty. Most likely you have one of two issues. Either the same deck is being returned without a sufficient fix or your car is causing the issues. If the decks serial numbers are different, then you may wish to have your electrical system looked at. Just like a computer, many newer decks must have a constant 12 volts supplied to opperate. Even my older Eclipse 54430 (a 2000 model) had issues when my altenator was failing. Correction. my altenator had a poor ground causing intermittant problems. I never saw my lights dim. The first issues were with my HU and my transmission. The electronic transmission wasn't always shifting correctly and the HU sounded weak with malfunctioning display. The cd player would become erratic at best with cd's. Primarily burned ones. This went on for a week till I discovered the poor ground terminal from the altenator to the chasis. Good luck and try to stay patient. Mike Gettingernever checked the serials numbers...i shoulda done that b4. well i know its not my car thats the problem. first, ive had like 4 or 5 other decks in it which worked flawlessly. its not my install cause i had the shop install the replacements the last 3 times. and lastly, its clearly the HU itself cause it plays regular cd's perfectly but takes a **** on mp3 cds. theres something really ****ed up with the mp3 part of it. and the volume knob is ****ed up, but thats another story. i am running about 2500w cont, i have a 260 EA alt, big3 in 0awg, and a YT under the hood. ive never had any charging/connection problems...bass isnt lacking, so i cant see how it could be that either. no matter the problem, ive had it with this, im just getting my money back. im done trying to figure out whats wrong and trying to get it fixed. im getting my moeny back, going somewhere else, and buying a different HU. i just need some suggestions and opinions on HUs around $450 or so. mp3 is really important. i dont know what technology is out now, but it seems mp3 cds are always gonna be a pain in the ***, so any type of USB, ipod, ext mp3 player hookup is prefered. ive had a 9855, and hated it, so thats out of the Q...and it also kinda detered me from newer alpine. i was thinkin about that older alpine with the bigger face that comes out of the unit (cant remember the model #), its supposed to be an excellent unit. but when i did some research on it i found that the motorized part of the faceplate can have some issues. and since its no longer produced, it may not be worth risking something like that...

forbidden
05-19-2006, 02:17 PM
I think that you are hearing little white lies about the new head units. 99% of companies upgrade cosmetics or feature content from year to year. Eclipse has not changed their laser transport, pickup, preamp, amp, tuner, case for over 5 years now for most of the items I just listed. It ***** that you had a bad 8445, but don't shrug the balance of the line off based on one bad apple that always seemed to come your way. To me this sounds more like a dealer issue rather than a Eclipse issue. For me as a dealer, 3 times with a problem = replacement for the customer, no questions asked. I have had about 5 bad 8445 units in the last year, all different problems for all different people. So far the new models are every bit as good as the old, no complaints from me here.

frzninvt
05-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Fujitsu Ten = Crap

The model Alpine you are thinking of is the 7998, I have no issues with the motorized face and I live were the temp drops well below zero in the winter.

The only advantage to the high preout voltage is to help lower the noise floor (background hiss) by being able to lower the gains on the amplifier but that does not necessarily make them sound any better.

forbidden
05-19-2006, 02:57 PM
That is quite a comment you made there. Care to tell us what you base this comment on? or are you just spurting off at the mouth like most uninformed people usually do.

frzninvt
05-19-2006, 03:20 PM
They have never made anything of quality that can stand the test of time compared against some of the other manufacturer's. Name one Eclipse deck that has been around for years and been a consistent top performer.

As far as spewing, I have been around car audio probably before you were born. Since the mid-70's and I have seen and heard most of it. I competed in IASCA SQ from '95 - '97 and have seen some of the nicest car systems on the planet.

I may be new here but certainly not to car audio.

forbidden
05-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Good for you, I was judging IASCA in 92 and have been around car audio since Christ was in diapers. At least I know how to not make myself look like a total arse.

frzninvt
05-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Who died and named you Mr. Forum Etiquette, or are people in Canada not entitled to their own opinions and are able to vocalize them. I should have also said that any of Alpine's current CD Head's are cheap junk as well would that have made you feel any better.

Oh and you failed to name one Eclipse deck as well, wasn't that your question in the first place?

fatryan
05-19-2006, 07:23 PM
comeon guys...lets not get into a fight over who has the biggest balls. i really do like the 7998, i like the looks and features. but since its such a high price tag, im really concerned about that motorized faceplate issue. i heard it costs big $$$ to get fixed.

maybe i should just give eclipses new line a shot. i mean, you cant really know if you like em till you actually try em. my only problem is finding a shop that sells eclipse, lol. CC is the only one i know of besides my current one thats ****ing me over. and CC doesnt sell the good stuff.

fatryan
05-23-2006, 02:21 AM
ok so i went back to good vibes and they kinda gave me a little ****, but im supposed to get a new deck tommorrow. i was looking around their shop and i saw the DEH-7800mp i believe it was. its the same price as my 8445, so itd be a direct trade. i like everything about it especially the ipod interface jauny. but it dont have that bluetooth option that sparked my interest. and upon browsing pioneers site, it seems that they dont even sell the bluetooth units in the US anyways. so b4 i go and get this deck, anyone know of more bluetooth units i could check out? thanx

6spdcoupe
05-23-2006, 08:38 AM
ok so i went back to good vibes and they kinda gave me a little ****, but im supposed to get a new deck tommorrow. i was looking around their shop and i saw the DEH-7800mp i believe it was. its the same price as my 8445, so itd be a direct trade. i like everything about it especially the ipod interface jauny. but it dont have that bluetooth option that sparked my interest. and upon browsing pioneers site, it seems that they dont even sell the bluetooth units in the US anyways. so b4 i go and get this deck, anyone know of more bluetooth units i could check out? thanx

The BT is available in the states and will work with all iP Bus units. Just not providing all the info that the 980BT would.

aadadams
05-23-2006, 10:53 AM
The BT is available in the states and will work with all iP Bus units. Just not providing all the info that the 980BT would.

@6spdcoupe,
Sorry about the thread jack, but whats the model and price for this BT unit? I saw a an ND-BT1 (I think?) on the Pioneer site as a nav accessory but I was not sure if it was applicable to my HU.

6spdcoupe
05-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Cd-bt100

aadadams
05-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Cd-bt100

Any idea on the price and availability?

6spdcoupe
05-23-2006, 11:14 AM
about $120-140 in stores. Should be available now.

prochobo
05-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Kenwood KDC-X890?

fatryan
05-23-2006, 12:29 PM
The BT is available in the states and will work with all iP Bus units. Just not providing all the info that the 980BT would.BT? what? theres 2 of them?

the 980BT i believe it was had a list of all phones it would work for and mine wasnt on the list (motorola e815)

fatryan
05-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Kenwood KDC-X890?yeah, that one also sparked my interest. i went to kenwoods site but they didnt have jack for info on the unit. any1 know if it will work with my phone? and whats the deal with the USB thing?

JimJ
05-23-2006, 12:34 PM
comeon guys...lets not get into a fight over who has the biggest balls. i really do like the 7998, i like the looks and features. but since its such a high price tag, im really concerned about that motorized faceplate issue. i heard it costs big $$$ to get fixed.

maybe i should just give eclipses new line a shot. i mean, you cant really know if you like em till you actually try em. my only problem is finding a shop that sells eclipse, lol. CC is the only one i know of besides my current one thats ****ing me over. and CC doesnt sell the good stuff.

Just because it's not in the store doesn't mean they don't sell it...

fatryan
05-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Just because it's not in the store doesn't mean they don't sell it...well my current shop stopped selling eclipse. and the only other shop that i know of i refuse to go to cause they screwed me over. t seems like all the other shops around here closed down. i know of 1 more but its far as ****...like and hour away.

fatryan
05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
i am reading about the kenwood on crutchfield and it sounds like the USB thing allows you to plug a thumb drive in...? is that correct? that would be cool if i could use a thumb drive to hold music...but theres no USB port on the front, so im kinda confused.

fatryan
05-23-2006, 01:06 PM
hmmm, crutchfield sells the non=premier 9800bt, but its out of stock. and ikesound aparently sells the 980bt, but there aint jack for info on it and no pic, so im kinda worried.

also, anyknow know about sites like shipdog.com or 6ave.com? they have that kenwood at rediculously low prices..like $265-280...and it appears that the stores still have decent reviews...

6spdcoupe
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
6Th ave is notorious for selling B-stocked products as new. I know quite a few former employees/managers from there.

fatryan
05-23-2006, 01:54 PM
6Th ave is notorious for selling B-stocked products as new. I know quite a few former employees/managers from there.thanx for the warning

fatryan
05-24-2006, 03:26 AM
ok, heres the verdict...

good vibes claims eclipse wont give a refund for whatever reason, but they will however replace my 8445 with a 5000. now i was getting really excited about the pioneer line, but i do still love the 8445. and since the 5000 is essentially an 8445 with the ipod control, it still makes me happy, despite the fact that its not bluetooth. the ipod control actually makes me really happy! :) but i dont like how the 5000 (like the 8445) only allows u to use the advanced mode features if your running active front (which i am not). and hopefully they fixed the gay *** problem with the volume on the remote in the new line...i would imagine some1 on heres got a new eclipse deck and could let me know about that one...?

so hopefully this is the end of all the bullshit with these guys and eclipse. next time im getting a new deck im def not going back to this shop again!

gordholio
05-24-2006, 04:04 AM
fatryan:

The USB connection on the Kenwood deck is by way of a cable that's attached to the rear of the unit. And yes, it does allow you to plug in a thumb drive. I've actually asked a question regarding this unit elsewhere in the forum, asking if anyone has had real first-person experience with this deck's USB connectivity. I've read that it's incompatible/slow with some drives, some capacities, and some formats.

gordo

fatryan
05-24-2006, 04:05 AM
fatryan:

The USB connection on the Kenwood deck is by way of a cable that's attached to the rear of the unit.

gordoyeah, i thought of that after i posted, lol. but can you use a thumb drive full of mp3s, or does it have to be a USB mp3 player?

pikers
05-25-2006, 03:37 PM
so anyways, i go back to good vibes yesterday and tell them. and theyre total dickheads at first. but then the owner starts with the "im on your side" bs. but whatever.

My thought is, if you don't want their help, don't go back to them and deal with Eclipse directly. Remember that you don't get to dictate store policy or the warranty arrangements.

Also, why were they being nasty towards you? Was it your attitude rolling up?:rolleyes:

fatryan
06-05-2006, 03:51 AM
guess what! I GOT MORE PROBLEMS!!!!!!! so i got my cd5000 in last week and everything seemed to be going ok. then when i was driving, the volume randomly went up. so i just turned it down...thought maybe i accidently pushed on the remote. well it did it a coupld more times over the next few days. so i decided to take the remote and put it inside the com partment of my console, facing the rear of the car, and with nothing on top of it to hit the buttons. it still did it. it just randomly starts climbing in volume. and im so afraid its gonna blow my subs cause it never stops. it goes to the max (80) and i only listen to my music at 63 tops. i also noticed it go down a couple times. this is absolutely ridiculous. why cant i just have a god **** working fvcking head unit!?!?!?

Prowler573
06-05-2006, 04:36 AM
guess what! I GOT MORE PROBLEMS!!!!!!! so i got my cd5000 in last week and everything seemed to be going ok. then when i was driving, the volume randomly went up. so i just turned it down...thought maybe i accidently pushed on the remote. well it did it a coupld more times over the next few days. so i decided to take the remote and put it inside the com partment of my console, facing the rear of the car, and with nothing on top of it to hit the buttons. it still did it. it just randomly starts climbing in volume. and im so afraid its gonna blow my subs cause it never stops. it goes to the max (80) and i only listen to my music at 63 tops. i also noticed it go down a couple times. this is absolutely ridiculous. why cant i just have a god **** working fvcking head unit!?!?!?

So.....still looking for something that fits this description:

ive posted a thread or 2 about this b4. i want a HU with high V preouts, 24bit DAC, mp3 playback, and some way to pause it, not mute. ???