PDA

View Full Version : running four sets of rca wires to one unit

jmaratx787
03-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi! This is my first post on this board, but I've been visiting for a while now. I know a little about car audio, but not much. I was wondering, is it possible to run four sets of rca wires to one head unit? I have a pansonic 8401U which has three pre outs(one for front, rear, and sub). I want to run three 15" SPLW subs off of three SPL series II amps. I also like running all my interior speakers off one amp as well. I would like to run all three subs from the sub pre out, since it lets me control the subs indivually from the interior speakers. Can someone tell me if this is possible?

skmfkr
03-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Y splitters?

jmaratx787
03-08-2006, 02:05 PM
I thought of using y splitters. I know you can split it to two sets, but I wasn't sure about splitting it to three sets.

negativezeroz
03-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Can you not run ONE RCA from ONE amp to the preout then connect using RCA's the amps to eachother? I've seen alot of amps that you can do that.
Like amp 1 RCA goes to preout, amp 2 connects to rca on amp 1, then amp 3 connects to amp 2 rca...

edit: wait you said you want to control each sub individually or just the SUB system in general? And also who makes your amp jw?

loserpunk
03-08-2006, 11:20 PM
almost every amp out right now has a set (or two or three ect) of inputs and almost always has an output too, just run two rca's from the h/u, one to your frontstage amp, and one to one of your sub amps, then get 2 more short rca cables (1.5-3 ft) and run from output of first amp to input of second, then output of second to input of third

phantom240
03-08-2006, 11:23 PM
um... no. then you lose your frontstage/rearfill fader adjustability.. or your post made no sense

B@SSAN8OR
03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
most sub amps only require a single rca input if they are running mono. so u can use y splitters off of the sub out and run those to the 4 amps. since most decks are a dual mono output

jmaratx787
03-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Thank yall for all yall help. I think I'm gonna try b@ssan8or's idea.

adam71
03-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Can you not run ONE RCA from ONE amp to the preout then connect using RCA's the amps to eachother? I've seen alot of amps that you can do that.
Like amp 1 RCA goes to preout, amp 2 connects to rca on amp 1, then amp 3 connects to amp 2 rca...

edit: wait you said you want to control each sub individually or just the SUB system in general? And also who makes your amp jw?

Its known as a "pass thru" and that would be the best bet. Otherwise you're going to lose line voltage on the way.:)

squeak9798
03-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Its known as a "pass thru" and that would be the best bet. Otherwise you're going to lose line voltage on the way.:)

Tenths of a volt, at most.