PDA

View Full Version : Need advice Tonight!!

americanskiff
03-07-2006, 08:53 PM
OK...just got a phone call from a local guy here that owns a Audio shop. I talked to him the other day and he suggested a componet set. 5 1/4" and tweeter and crossovers. I think he said Rockford Fosgates. For $100. Would I be better off with those then going with 4" coaxials? Only thing is im not sold on cutting the 4" factory hole in my door larger. I know he has pretty cheap prices, he sells a 4 channel 800w Power Acoustic amp for $119. I probably should have bought that instead of my Clarion Amp for the same price. So what do yall think? Im pretty sure he said Rockford Fosgate. Originally it was $150, he said if I stop by tomorrow he will sell them to me for $100. What would be the best way to enlarge my door panel in my 1997 Isuzu Rodeo?

americanskiff
03-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Or should I just stick to the Infinity Reference / Kappa 4" install? The component and crossovers will be a major pain to install. Im not really worried about mid bass to much, with the tweeters aimed right the bass seems to really fill the truck. I need something though for good vocals and clear highs. These are the two things Im mostly concerned about. WIch would you do?

americanskiff
03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Or should I get these? Is a 4" comp set MTX Audio TX4001. I wouldnt have to cut a larger hole. They would cost about $40 more on the net then the Rockfords

phantom240
03-07-2006, 09:18 PM
i think the kappas would sound much better...

AND from what ive heard, power acoustic is teh crap. Clarion makes some good stuff.

americanskiff
03-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Yea, ive been told that overall vs. install troubles the kappas or References would be just as nice as the comps. Man, a comp install would be such a pain... plus if I sell this truck in a couple years, I would like to pull my stuff out and put the factory stereo and speakers back. Thanks for the opinion phantom....hoefully more people will chime in tonight with there thoughts:)

GTmafia.com
03-08-2006, 12:30 AM
I like my coax infinity's better than cheap components I've heard. I actually have 2 pairs of reference and a pair of Kappa's, in two different cars, they sound great. Really clean highs even off of deck power.

bigmac16
03-08-2006, 07:39 PM
i would go with comps if they are installed right