PDA

View Full Version : Just the audio of DVD concerts

georgiejr
03-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Hi,

I just would like to confirm how these units are connected. Is it true that if it has a monitor that it will only play DVD when it is parked and not when the car is moving.

So does that mean if I just want to listen to the audio part of a DVD concert like the Eagles' Hell Freezes over, will I be able to listen while driving and the video monitor or LCD is retracted to a closed position?

I know there are units that are just in-dash DVD receivers like the Alpine DVA-9860/9861 and the Pioneer DVH-P500MP which has no monitor and will serve my purpose. But again, if I have the monitor, I can choose the audio settings before driving. But is the price difference worth just to do the audio settings...Maybe I can just copy my concert and pre-select the audio settings, but again, will these units play DVD-R?

Thank you.

bimma85
03-07-2006, 01:18 AM
there are ways of getting around that, at least on older ones(havent looked at any for awhile)...no clue how though :crap:

BodegaBay
03-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Do you know about Alpine's IVA-D100 and IVA-W200 2006 models? I believe Alpine gives you the option of output sound only from DVD-V[ideo] or DVD-A[audio]. Check out their site here (http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/series.php?category=AV_HU) and read through the manuals.