PDA

View Full Version : Please help

raptortim04
03-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Ok first off i made the moe lester 5 cu. ft. 34 hz inclouser (it is the very last one on the sticky). after taking my whole trunk apart it would not fit properly well actually it did not fit at all. half of it was in the back seat with the and subs facing towrads the the right side of the car. Ok So back to the quesiton what is the best cubic feet and the hz for the subs they are 2 of the alpine type r dvc 500 rms with the hifonics 1500 watt rms amp i mostly listen to rap. thanks for any help

danteBirosel
03-06-2006, 11:33 PM
first off, what is your max dimensions? thats why u couldnt fit that enclosure, because it seems like u just built it without seeing if the box will fit.

raptortim04
03-07-2006, 12:09 AM
yeah that is kinda what happend but when i did measure it it fit. but i could not get it threw the trunk opening in the right position so i was thinking maybe shaving three inches off of the width. but i dont know if that will mess with the tune of the box.

joeldirt
03-07-2006, 12:15 AM
it will completely throw it all off. If you end up having to build another box for your subs, remember that it will more then likely go twice as fast, since you just got done doing one. With the next box, make it shorter or narrower, which ever you need, and give the rest of the required airspace in depth. It's really not that much of a pain in the @ss to build another box.

raptortim04
03-07-2006, 12:27 AM
man it just makes me mad that it took like three hours out of my saturday. does any one have any plans they can sell me or possably give me that will better suit my needs

joeldirt
03-07-2006, 12:30 AM
man it just makes me mad that it took like three hours out of my saturday. does any one have any plans they can sell me or possably give me that will better suit my needs

I would normally help you out, but I am being nagged right now to wash the dishes. lol. Sorry bro, if no one has lended a hand after a while, I would be happy to give you a hand desiging a good enclosure for your car.

raptortim04
03-07-2006, 12:35 AM
thanks man i appricate the help

raptortim04
03-08-2006, 08:18 PM
so is five cubic feet bad for the type r's?

PowerNaudio
03-08-2006, 11:42 PM
so is five cubic feet bad for the type r's?

5 cu ft is not really bad . it just peaks too high at some frecs not a really flat response.

but i suggest a 2.5cu ft tuned to 28Hz, with a port of 12" height 3.25 width, and 47.43" length. that is if you're using the SWR-1042D sub. no port noise, pretty flat response, and an F3 of 23Hz not bad at all. with out bottoming out.

the type r's don't need a huge box to sound good. just a bit of WinISD to get the right enclosure.