PDA

View Full Version : Ramos or ???? Help !

Spddracer
10-17-2002, 10:19 PM
I am trying to get my brahma 12 to hit harder , (Impact More) its loud but doesnt have the impact I want , runnign it on a jbl 1200.1 , I have it sealed now and am going to try vented I guess , Already tried ported didnt work out well ! , The space i have I can fit this dim box in
20" high
19" wide
Bottom depth 20.5"
Top depth 14"
Can you figure out a slot port size for this ?? and what do you think I should have it tuned too ?? I listen to a little of everything ? but not much rap ! No need to vibrate the earth at 10hz

ramos
10-18-2002, 06:33 AM
Well first off Venting and porting are the same animal. :) Give me a short second and I ill see what i can acome up with with those dimensions . :)

ramos
10-18-2002, 09:30 AM
You have enough room for the same size enclosure I'm using or should I say my wife is using :D Mine is in a 2.5cuft ported tuned to 30hz the port is 4"x4" and 16" long. I'm only running about 800w to it. And it gets very, very loud and still sounds good. I don't listen to much rap either. It has a good all around sound. :)

Spddracer
10-18-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by ramos
You have enough room for the same size enclosure I'm using or should I say my wife is using :D Mine is in a 2.5cuft ported tuned to 30hz the port is 4"x4" and 16" long. I'm only running about 800w to it. And it gets very, very loud and still sounds good. I don't listen to much rap either. It has a good all around sound. :)

Theres no doubht it gets very loud in the ported enclouser I have , It hurts ! But it just seems to be lakcing in IMPACT , I dont know if you know what mean , Like when you can fell it thump you in the chest ?? I feel my one little sony 12 that I borrowed from wal mart ( why my tinsel leads are out to adire getting fixed ) more than the Brahma > I know it sounds funny is it just the sub ??

Trixter
10-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Check the + and -. If their are switched, you will loose the punch.

ramos
10-23-2002, 01:54 PM
Yeah man. Change the phase and see if it makes a difference. Also if you can try turning the enclosure different ways. :)

Spddracer
10-23-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by ramos
Yeah man. Change the phase and see if it makes a difference. Also if you can try turning the enclosure different ways. :)

I have tried everything , Theya re in phase with the front and it sounds the best that way , Anyway the tinsel lead broke off and its sent back to ampman

ramos
10-23-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Spddracer
I have tried everything , Theya re in phase with the front and it sounds the best that way , Anyway the tinsel lead broke off and its sent back to ampman

D@mn man, that *****. :(

Jdg784
02-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Ramos..what would you reccomend for a box in a extended cab F-150 w/a base of 19x19 at most? It's for a Brahma 15", I've tried box designing programs but they never come out right.