PDA

View Full Version : Coil Springs...

SyKo13
03-04-2006, 12:28 AM
If you cut 1" off a spring how much does it lower a truck??

azbass
03-04-2006, 12:31 AM
id do it right, and not cut them

ngsm13
03-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Yeah, it can **** up your ride hardcore...

nG

soundstreamer
03-04-2006, 12:34 AM
start small.
when cutting coils i usually cut 1/2 wrap at a time> reassemble suspension. lower vehicle> bounce it a few times> measure clearances> maybe test drive> stand back and eyeball vehicle's stance> repeat.
once you have cut off too much there is no rebuilding a spring. do not use a torch to cut. hacksaws are the safest maner. metal cutting blades aren/t too bad imo as long as you don't try to cut all the way through in one try and monitor the heat of the the spring(i never let them get hotter than i can touch with my bare hands).

soundstreamer
03-04-2006, 12:35 AM
you will need to get an alignment immediatly afterwards.

smd4life
03-04-2006, 12:38 AM
cutting them wont fuc up your car btw if you do it right...also do not heat them that will *** them up

SyKo13
03-04-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm not gonna do that lol i'm asking for someone else, but thanks, this'll do.

KnOkIn It 420
03-04-2006, 03:29 AM
start small.
when cutting coils i usually cut 1/2 wrap at a time> reassemble suspension. lower vehicle> bounce it a few times> measure clearances> maybe test drive> stand back and eyeball vehicle's stance> repeat.
once you have cut off too much there is no rebuilding a spring. do not use a torch to cut. hacksaws are the safest maner. metal cutting blades aren/t too bad imo as long as you don't try to cut all the way through in one try and monitor the heat of the the spring(i never let them get hotter than i can touch with my bare hands).

cutting them wont fuc up your car btw if you do it right...also do not heat them that will *** them up

Both morons!!!! Save the money ande get some springs,thier cheap and are well worth it take it from someone who knows

Lunchbocks
03-04-2006, 03:34 PM
yea seriously cutting springs or heating them is a terrible idea, yes it will make your ride height lower but thats cosmetic only and if you think it doesnt negatively affect suspension performance then you have no clue at all about what quality suspension should feel like

KnOkIn It 420
03-04-2006, 04:39 PM
yea seriously cutting springs or heating them is a terrible idea, yes it will make your ride height lower but thats cosmetic only and if you think it doesnt negatively affect suspension performance then you have no clue at all about what quality suspension should feel like

Amen!

Alpine CDA-9815
03-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Now of days you can get springs for pretty cheap. If you can't afford them or don't want to then leave the vehicle alone. Cutting or heating up the springs is a bad idea. Just buy some lowering springs! Aftwards you will have to have an alignment done.

phantom240
03-04-2006, 09:22 PM
have you ever seen a civic or integra rolling down te highway bucking like an angry bull? yeah they cut those springs. yeah it rides like ***. and yeah they probably regret doing it. Do it right or not at all. cutting/heating springs makes the car dangerous and can put other ppl in danger.