PDA

View Full Version : compustar alarm problems help!!

grtn316
03-03-2006, 08:53 PM
I just installed a compustar 2wss-as. I have everything hooked up except the clutch bypass. I figured I would test out the basic features and see what happens. This is my first compustar alarm so I am kinda in the blue here. I got the remote to communicate with the brain but it seems that its not working correctly.

1) I started my car to to the tach sensing. it was idling at 1500rpms. i rev'd it a little and now its at 900rpms. I havent started the car in a week but it usually idles around 700. I pushed the tach button and it beeped once. The manual says this is correct. Is the high idle just because it hasnt been started or maybe the wiring?

2) I cant figure out how to arm it. When I push button 1 its supposed to arm/disarm the alarm. When I push this. The display shows the lights flashing and like an arrow pointing up in the window and it does not arm. Do I have the lock wires backwards or something?

Thanks,

UPDATE: If I change it to passive mode, it will lock and unlock the doors. So, for some reason it wont arm.

dantheman8328
03-03-2006, 11:12 PM
check the connections of your reciever wire, not familiar with this alarm actually, but the brain might not be recieving the remotes signal

grtn316
03-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I disconnected the sensor wire connector and ran a single wire from the connector to the pin on the brain 1 by 1 till i found the faulty sensor. Turned out to be the factory hood pin sensor; bypassed and now works great.