PDA

View Full Version : downfiring?

lsurulzes
03-03-2006, 03:34 PM
I was wondering what the best thing would be for my truck. I am going to build a box under the seat in my truck and glass it in over the hump. Would it be best to do it upfiring or downfiring? I have heard different things but am not sure what to do. Also, i know it would be easier to make it fit only under the seat if i did upfiring, because i wouldnt have to worry about the hump in the floor. Thanks for the help guys.

bimma85
03-03-2006, 03:37 PM
try both and see what happens? What kind of truck, maybe someone on here has worked on one before.

lsurulzes
03-03-2006, 03:40 PM
1997 GMC Sierra Extended Cab

lsurulzes
03-03-2006, 10:31 PM
i thought i saw someone that had done this on these boards, anyone?

fox_forma
03-04-2006, 06:59 PM
i have had both downfiring and upfiring in my 03 Silverado ex cab and there really wasnt much of a difference. However if you do a downfire you are most likely going to have to dynomat the whole floor in the rear. The main reason i got rid of my downfire was because it shook everything underneath the truck and it was very annoying. An upfire worked out just as well with less vibrations under the truck plus i thought it looked nicer. Also I would just FG the whole floor of the box instead of just the center hump, it will take a lil longer and cost a few extra but it will make sure it sits perfectly in there. Just build the outside frame, sit it in and lay the glass, you will also be able to get a little more airspace out of it as well. Have you looked at fullsizechevy.com or gmfullsize.com? There are several set-ups in there that have how-to's and you can get a better idea of what you really want. Hope i could shed a little light for ya

lsurulzes
03-04-2006, 07:28 PM
thanks for the quick help, i really appreciate it

fox_forma
03-04-2006, 09:41 PM
no prob

azbass
03-04-2006, 09:44 PM
i would have em fireing down. so the seat wont squish in to the tops of the woofer. also most of the installs iv done in trucks iv had the subs face down with great resualts.