PDA

View Full Version : Side Speakers flutter

NewToTheGrounds
03-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Just wondering i have two 6.5" in my car i have a tracker so there in right behind the seats in the side walls, i took the stock ones out and put in sum new ones i got and they flutter really bad. theres not enough room to put in a small box pretty much just enough clearance for the magnet. whats my best bet get sum deadening material and try to pack it in with sum. theres these plastic cases that go onto the back of the speakers that u can buy, but my friend said there crap n not to get them. any suggestions?

squeak9798
03-03-2006, 09:39 AM
What do you mean they "flutter"?

theCybe
03-03-2006, 10:16 AM
They over-excurt. I don't think he means signal flutter.

You're trying to play too low of tones through them; Likely the old stock speakers may have had a filter on them, and you're running these ones full range.

NewToTheGrounds
03-03-2006, 10:41 AM
thats the word i hear every one call it fluttering i guess that would be over excursion i guess best relation would be to take a sub thats not free air and play it cranked up, kinda what it like in my side panel bc its all hallow to much air . if that makes sence :P

heyman421
03-03-2006, 10:43 AM
well, set your high pass higher, or if you're running the stock head, get some 80hz bass blockers from beast buy, i think they're like $10. They just get crimped inline, and they'll cut off low freq.

with a normal crossover, the impedance of the speaker drops the lower the freq. you're playing, so that combined with the lack of backpressure in a inf. baffle install makes the speakers go crazy and blow out

squeak9798
03-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Sounds like you need to highpass them.

NewToTheGrounds
03-03-2006, 10:51 AM
guess ill have to get a resister for it?

squeak9798
03-03-2006, 11:00 AM
No, you need a capacitor for it (aka bass blocker).

A capacitor acts as a 6db/oct highpass.

ramos
03-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Hello fellow tracker owner . I say ditch the rears If you got a two door. The trackers are so d@mn small, rear speakers pull the soundstage back so far it's rediculous. I have done away with the rears. And am putting in a three way set up front. 8's in the doors, 5 1/4's and tweets in the kicks. :)

NewToTheGrounds
03-03-2006, 02:02 PM
yai have a 2 door, ill have too look into putting something in my doors i guess and get a blocker in the mean time, let me know how urs come along
thanx everyone