PDA

View Full Version : Sub Box?

Phlipbak
03-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi, this is my first post. I have recently purchase two Ascendant Audio Arsenal 12" subs, and I REALLY want to put them in my car. I need a ported box, and the max dimensions I can go is 31 W x 14 H x 20 D, and I would like a slot port from 3-4 inches, and would like the tuning to be from 32-35 if possible. Can anyone give me some box plans using 3/4 Inch MDF wood, a slot port, and considering the max dimensions above, THANKS! Here are the subs' specs, and remember I have two:

http://ascendantaudio.com/arsenal12specs.html

And should I use binding posts? Just plz give me a detailed box plan, thanks a lot for any help given!

bybliz
03-02-2006, 11:06 PM
well that website recommends 2.0 cF per chamber when ported, I've made a dual ported box that is 2.25cF per chamber tuned to 38hz and its size is 36"X14"X25". So i'm having feelings that it might not be possible to build a box with 2.0 cF per chamber tuned to 35hz with your dimensions.

Phlipbak
03-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Well, thanks for tryin, maybe someone else could help...

PhatTonyDeMarco
03-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Are you positive about those dimensions? You dont have any extra room tucked in there somewhere? That is only ~3.9 cubes gross, which would choke those drivers with only around 1.5 cubes or so after port and driver displacement...

bybliz
03-02-2006, 11:45 PM
i think you should go re-measure your trunk, you definitley need more space.

Phlipbak
03-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Oh, I didn't tell you why that is my limit...sorry haha, well, reason being is because I need to be able to reach my spare tire, I might can go an inch or two more in depth...

Phlipbak
03-03-2006, 05:07 PM
guys?

PhatTonyDeMarco
03-03-2006, 05:10 PM
I really dont think you have space for a proper ported enclosure, unless you wanna get into fiberglassing to use every avaliable cubic inch of air space...

Is sealed not an option for you? What kind of power do you have for those subs, they should get fairly loud sealed.

jalverson
03-03-2006, 05:34 PM
i think your gonna need to come to the realazation that you may have to make the sacrafice, of not having easy access to your spare tire if you want these to fit in your trunk. but hey worst come to worst just lift the box up or out to get to your tire if you ever need to use it. so if you want someone to design you a box you should give us the max dimensions of your trunk not the dimensions you want the box to fit into. who knows maybe you will have enough room, but us builders/designers can't do much with out the correct measurements of your trunk bro.

PhatTonyDeMarco
03-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Yup, it might take you a half an hour to get to your tire, but if you can remove the box then you will be able to get to the tire... Secure it in place with either industrial velcro or L brackets, and always carry a screwdriver to get it out... I carry allen wrenches and all, so I can disconnect the amp to get the box out for just such an emergency.

Its a PITA, but worth it...

Pyro_By_Nature
03-03-2006, 05:46 PM
so if you want someone to design you a box you should give us the max dimensions of your trunk not the dimensions you want the box to fit into. who knows maybe you will have enough room, but us builders/designers can't do much with out the correct measurements of your trunk bro.

No, if someone wants something to fit in a certain amount of space, let them.Not everyone wants to give their entire trunk up to subs.

I'd just go sealed if I were you.Aeroports maybe?

Phlipbak
03-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Alright guys, I found out I can go 25-27 in depth--because my seats fold down and the height is still 14 through the seat opening so I could slide it back to get to the tire!!! So still 31 x 14, but now i can do 25-27 depth, preferably the minimum, 25. thanks! Need tuning at 33-35 hz please! Thanks a lot!

Phlipbak
03-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey, so you think 25 would work--guys? Can you give me a design anyone? Thanks for all of your help btw!

No one?

PhatTonyDeMarco
03-03-2006, 07:19 PM
You got yourself right about 5 cubes right there, now that will work ;)

Box designs are not given out for free around here though, PM pvaudio or saywhat? for plans, they are very good guys.