PDA

View Full Version : Need a hu for my ipod

ryanbssc29
03-02-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm looking for an hu that will connect with my ipod. I know Alpine makes one but are there any others. Price is not to big of an issue, but I would like to stay under 500 (online).

zachzchw
03-02-2006, 08:40 PM
MANY decks offer compatibility for an ipod. Some are better than others of course. Just look around for a deck you like, chances are any new model will be compatible. Then start looking for reviews of the ipod interface and so on.

iceteebone
03-02-2006, 08:41 PM
i heard clarion had a good ipod interface, but alpine, eclipse, pioneer, kenwood, and clarion all have some sort of ipod interface

zachzchw
03-02-2006, 08:46 PM
i heard clarion had a good ipod interface, but alpine, eclipse, pioneer, kenwood, and clarion all have some sort of ipod interface

Only thing is to make sure you read the reviews. I was going to get the Pioneer interface, but all the reviews I read said it ***** *** so Im just going to run it through the aux input on the deck.

ryanbssc29
03-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Only thing is to make sure you read the reviews. I was going to get the Pioneer interface, but all the reviews I read said it ***** *** so Im just going to run it through the aux input on the deck.
Can you do that with any hu with a aux. input? Also if you do this will you be able to detatch the ipod or is it allways connected to the hu?

iceteebone
03-02-2006, 09:01 PM
you can run it through an aux. in. the ipod woould be physically linked to the headunit. i have also heard pioneer's interfaces have ******. calrion was the only one i heard good things about

ryanbssc29
03-02-2006, 09:11 PM
I would do the alpine, but I think it is over my price range. Not sure on its price though.