PDA

View Full Version : horn + alarm siren

chinny
03-02-2006, 06:02 PM
okay when i got my alarm installed they didnt hook it up to my horn, i have a viper 791xv, what do i need to do to make my horn play when the alarm ggoes off ?

KaeZoo
03-02-2006, 07:30 PM
The 791XV doesn't have separate outputs for horn and siren. It has a selectable output that can be set for siren (constant voltage) or horn (pulses on and off).

Rattlebrain
03-02-2006, 08:21 PM
I hooked my horn up to my alarm by putting in a relay. Signal (switch) came from the wire going to the siren. Then put the hot wire from the relay to the horn going through a regular 'ol 552 flasher. Worked fine and never had any trouble. Later on I even hooked it to my headlights.

chinny
03-03-2006, 06:22 PM
I hooked my horn up to my alarm by putting in a relay. Signal (switch) came from the wire going to the siren. Then put the hot wire from the relay to the horn going through a regular 'ol 552 flasher. Worked fine and never had any trouble. Later on I even hooked it to my headlights.

care to explain this a lil easier? whats a 552 flasher?

ngsm13
03-03-2006, 06:24 PM

You won't be able to understand it, or know how to do it... if you don't already understand what he said.

nG

Rattlebrain
03-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Just a turn signal flasher.
I will try and draw it out for you later but I cant right now. I have company in town this weekend. Maybe some one can get you set up.
Its not too hard to do.
Get a relay, use the wire that feeds your siren power, tap into it and that goes to the switch prong on your relay. You will have a constant power source to the relay in. The power out of the relay, run into the flasher and out. Then just tap into your horn hot wire. Don't forget to ground the relay. There should be wiring instructions on the relay package. Hope that makes sense.