PDA

View Full Version : Alpine or Eclipse

badandyturbo
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
I would like your opinion on which DVD/ Navi unit you like best or reccomend. The Eclipse AVN5435 or Alpine IVA-D901.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/5435index.html
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=IVA-D310

PatFitz9
03-02-2006, 05:45 PM
i say eclipse. my buddy has the AVN-2454 (pretty much the same thing) and it's sweet. plus Alpine hasn't really impressed me with their newer products.

and you do know that they are different sizes right? i think the alpine is a single DIN and the eclipse is double DIN

MemphisSoul4U
03-02-2006, 05:49 PM
i say eclipse. my buddy has the AVN-2454 (pretty much the same thing) and it's sweet. plus Alpine hasn't really impressed me with their newer products.

and you do know that they are different sizes right? i think the alpine is a single DIN and the eclipse is double DIN
x2... Eclipse FTW... Even if you have to cut teh hole bigger...

azbass
03-02-2006, 05:55 PM
i would recomend the eclipse

Savstyle
03-02-2006, 06:06 PM
eclpise for sure
double din<all

project f-150
03-02-2006, 06:07 PM
def. eclipse.... i hate the interface on the alpines they are a pain in the @$$

Randy Savage
03-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Alpine...'specially the 901.

I haven't found an in dash unit that can compare to the 901 picture wise...

Plus...901+h701 processor=teh win xelleventybillion

Randy Savage
03-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Oh, and on the 5435...I dunno wtf Eclipse was thinking...you have to basically do everything twice...want to open the screen? Press open on the panel...then you have to press open again on the screen....

badandyturbo
03-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I have an oem double din so the Eclipse would fit nice. Thanks for your input.

jimmyjames1700
03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Oh, and on the 5435...I dunno wtf Eclipse was thinking...you have to basically do everything twice...want to open the screen? Press open on the panel...then you have to press open again on the screen....

^:rolleyes:

You have to hit open twice becuase after you hit the first open it asks you which disk you would like it to eject. Also that is how the screen tilt is adjusted. It's not rocket science dude. Out of all the indash DVD/NAV units I've sold, the new Eclipse have by far the most straight foward and easy user interface that I have ever scene.

Randy Savage
03-03-2006, 09:52 AM
^:rolleyes:

You have to hit open twice becuase after you hit the first open it asks you which disk you would like it to eject. Also that is how the screen tilt is adjusted. It's not rocket science dude. Out of all the indash DVD/NAV units I've sold, the new Eclipse have by far the most straight foward and easy user interface that I have ever scene.

Sorry, but if I'm driving, I'd much rather hit 1 ****ing button and have it do what I want it to do, and not have to hit that button, then hit another one on the screen...

I know it's not rocket science...don't be a douchebag.

BTW- it's seen...not scene...grammar isn't rocket science, dude.

:rolleyes:

jimmyjames1700
03-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Sorry, but if I'm driving, I'd much rather hit 1 ****ing button and have it do what I want it to do, and not have to hit that button, then hit another one on the screen...

I know it's not rocket science...don't be a douchebag.

BTW- it's seen...not scene...grammar isn't rocket science, dude.

So, then I guess you would rather have it simultaneously eject the CD, DVD, and then adjust the screen angle all when you hit the open button? Either that or you're the guy who wants 4 buttons to do the same operation that can be accomplished by simply pressing only one button on the face and then the appropriate switch on the screen.

Randy Savage
03-03-2006, 11:21 AM
So, then I guess you would rather have it simultaneously eject the CD, DVD, and then adjust the screen angle all when you hit the open button? Either that or you're the guy who wants 4 buttons to do the same operation that can be accomplished by simply pressing only one button on the face and then the appropriate switch on the screen.

No, I'd like to have a separate button for those operations, just like other units have. Not that difficult.

God forbit I give a criticism of the almighy Eclipse brand!!!

Oh noes!!

burnzie2413
03-03-2006, 11:24 AM
i am an alpine guy til the day i die. i love interface of alpines even though everyone else hates them. i also like the accessories that are able to be added on to them as well, so there is my vote all the way ALPINE

jimmyjames1700
03-03-2006, 12:06 PM
No, I'd like to have a separate button for those operations, just like other units have. Not that difficult.

God forbit I give a criticism of the almighy Eclipse brand!!!

Oh noes!!

Dude its ok, calm down. I am not trying to be a D*ck here, I guess I just don't under stand what the big deal is. You said that you didn't know "WTF" Eclipse was thinking because you have to do every operation twice on the unit. And the only example you came up with is the open/eject function:eyebrow: . Now that is kind of ridiculous. So I would have questioned that comment regardless, even if you made it about an Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood.........you get my drift. I guess I like the fact that they chose not to clutter the face of the unit with unnecessary buttons, and you are the only person I have ever heard criticize that feature.

Randy Savage
03-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Dude its ok, calm down. I am not trying to be a D*ck here, I guess I just don't under stand what the big deal is. You said that you didn't know "WTF" Eclipse was thinking because you have to do every operation twice on the unit. And the only example you came up with is the open/eject function:eyebrow: . Now that is kind of ridiculous. So I would have questioned that comment regardless, even if you made it about an Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood.........you get my drift. I guess I like the fact that they chose not to clutter the face of the unit with unnecessary buttons, and you are the only person I have ever heard criticize that feature.

:p:

I think they would have been smart to add dedicated buttons on the screen, instead of giving the open button several different operations (open, tilt, eject).

Take a mouse for example- we are all used to left clicking and having a direct action follow. How would it feel if you had to left click, then choose from a list of commands (just like right clicking?). It would get rather annoying IMO.

jimmyjames1700
03-03-2006, 11:12 PM
I hear what you are saying, It is just something that I never considered bothersome. I guess the same arguement could be had over the Pioneer CD players over the last several years, with having to hit the face open button and then the hidden eject button from behind the face. That never bothered me either. Oh well, I guess we'll will just have to agree to disagree.

Randy Savage
03-04-2006, 12:16 AM
I hear what you are saying, It is just something that I never considered bothersome. I guess the same arguement could be had over the Pioneer CD players over the last several years, with having to hit the face open button and then the hidden eject button from behind the face. That never bothered me either. Oh well, I guess we'll will just have to agree to disagree.

Don't get me started on Pioneer :D

Although the 2006 units look/funcion a lot better then the '05's IMO.