PDA

View Full Version : help tuning system? do i need an EQ?

gc86
03-02-2006, 03:35 AM
my system consists of a alpine cda-7995, arc audio 61/2s powered by an oldschool alpine 4-chan, an rl-p, and a profile clarus 1200 2-chan... do i need an EQ? im not an expert at setting crossover frequences and LPF and HPF... but not a newbie either... i don't think :crap:

alphakenny1
03-02-2006, 03:38 AM
what features does that 7995 have? i'm sure it has an eq in there somewhere. as for lpf and hpf, umm set those on your HU. i'm sure it has at least a 2way xover there. you can either use the crossover on your amp or HU.

gc86
03-02-2006, 03:43 AM
it has time correction, lpf/hpf filters, bass/treble frequency adjustments.. so i should just set the amps to FULL signal and set the lpf/hpf on the deck? if i do this the crossover knob on the amp's has no effect right?

alphakenny1
03-02-2006, 03:46 AM
yea you can choose either using the HU crossovers or amp crossovers. just turn off one if you you se the other. i prefer the HU because you can change the settings basically anytime you want.

gc86
03-02-2006, 03:52 AM
sounds good.... if its not raining tomorrow im gonna go tune my setup, thanks for the help. do you know anything about time alignment?

alphakenny1
03-02-2006, 04:00 AM
yes i do. time alignment is used for imaging. the theoretical setup for correct imaging is wanting both sides of speakers arriving at your ears at the same time. well since you sit on the left side the speakers on the left will arrive to your ears before the right side. so can delay the left to setup both sides arriving to your ears at the same time and hence center imaging. when you set your components make sure you setup them up in this fashion:

front left -----> tweeter left
front right----> tweeter right
rear left------> mid left
rear right ----->mid right

with this setup, you can delay the left side independently on your HU.

gc86
03-02-2006, 04:05 AM
I understand now, makes sense. Gonna have a fun time tomorrow tuning. Thanks for the help Kenny, im off.... g'night