PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow SLC vs DLS MS6 vs AA Arco's

AcidicDreams
03-01-2006, 11:51 PM
I know these comparo's have come up time to time (yah I searched) but where would you put your 200-250.... I'm not in a big rush but I'll be looking into a new set within the next month or two...

Rainbow SLC vs DLS MS6 vs AA Arco's

alphakenny1
03-01-2006, 11:53 PM
haven't heard the others and i'm sure no one has had the Arco's to get a detailed review but i can vouch for the SLCs. Smoothe tweet and awesome mids. those mids slam. it was my first set of components and i loved them but of course the "wanna try something new" bug hit me so thats why i changed. but for the time i had them, i loved them.

slick rick
03-02-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm curious of this too...the AA components seem so tempting.

6spdcoupe
03-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Cant comment on the AAs, but between the SLC and the MS6, I would definately lean to the SLC. I carry both and customers seem to agree...

AcidicDreams
03-02-2006, 02:44 AM
that is kinda how I was swaying anyways.... but not for any particular reason....

Savstyle
03-02-2006, 02:47 AM
i LOVE my slcs havent heard many other front stanges ive liked more than mine, 2 were horn setups, and te other were dls iridiums

Ignatowski
03-02-2006, 08:01 AM
you cant compare the AA's yet since nobody owns them
I did preorder a set - I hope they are as good as my AURA's or better,which you are familar with Acid since I bought a set from you,for some odd reason you didnt want them....I got the feeling you didnt power them up correctly and threw in the towel because they are pretty stout comps

AcidicDreams
03-02-2006, 08:08 AM
you cant compare the AA's yet since nobody owns them
I did preorder a set - I hope they are as good as my AURA's or better,which you are familar with Acid since I bought a set from you,for some odd reason you didnt want them....I got the feeling you didnt power them up correctly and threw in the towel because they are pretty stout comps

yah they got only 75w per side but my real failing was improper treatment of the door. I never properly sealed the door off or even placed sound deadning behind them... in any case it never hurts to try something new :) I hope you are enjoying them

AcidicDreams
03-02-2006, 08:09 AM
They are also very deep which in my 4Runner install is going to be a major problem.. space is very much at a premium in pre 96 4runners...

Ignatowski
03-02-2006, 08:17 AM
I give mine 140 w a side and no door treatment at all
they kick *** , midbass galore,smooth tweet and
they clean house on my HEX's

SinongTatayMo
03-02-2006, 01:07 PM
yea i would most likely go with the rainbows, since i've heard the MS6's and were not impressed. never heard the rainbows or the AA's but the reviews on the rainbows are always good .

Raven
03-02-2006, 01:19 PM
I can vouch for the SLCs. The tweeters are smooth as hell. The midbass is dead on. The mids are almost totally transparent. I run them and still haven't had any thoughts about running anything else. Mine are being run off an Aura 2300 giving each side at least 170 real watts.

FoxPro5
03-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Gotta vote Rainbow. What tweet comes with that set? If it's the cal 25 fabric, they you might want to get them a try. Good luck finding them though...unless 6spd can hook you up?

3.5Max6spd
03-02-2006, 02:07 PM
MS6's are nice for their respective pricerange. But the thing about the SLC's is that they perform above whats in their price range. Smooth, airy tweet paired with a great IB performing midbass. My experience with the SLC's is the same I know about the MS6's- how they perform in a particular car in oem locations. So I'm confident in saying that they simply stage/image better in those locations. Theres nothing more natural sounding to me in an extended range driver than a paper cone mid as far as midbass punch and midrange clarity. I chose to run SLC's in my other car.

6spdcoupe
03-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Gotta vote Rainbow. What tweet comes with that set? If it's the cal 25 fabric, they you might want to get them a try. Good luck finding them though...unless 6spd can hook you up?

The tweet is actually one step down with the CAL2045, although very similiar in sound. An Excellent choice for a "budgeted" system, as they compare/surpass many competitors with higher priced sets. Actually had a customer switch out his UPs for the SLCs. ;)

I have em in stock, but down to one set until I reorder...:(