PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my type X????

spudracer326
03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Well I have a set fo Alpine type x speakers that I was gonna run for the front stage in my car. I am gonna run them off a brax x1000 2 channel. My question is do you think I could get better speakers that I would be able tell a huge diffrence between these?? I like my alpines but dont really hear anything about them on this forum which makes me seem to think they arent that well liked. So what do you guys think, Sell em, or keep em????

troy_audi0
03-01-2006, 09:20 PM
I like mine.. Im also going to try a set of Kicker SS Comps..
Nothin wrong with the Type X 177R's are nice

What would you get if you sold them?
Peace TA

spudracer326
03-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I have no idea I wouldent know what to ask

FoxPro5
03-01-2006, 09:27 PM
My question is do you think I could get better speakers that I would be able tell a huge diffrence between these?? Most definately!

I like my alpines but dont really hear anything about them on this forum which makes me seem to think they arent that well liked If 5 people reply to your post and say the hate them will you sell them. What if 5 people say they love them, will you keep them? What if the vote is a tie 5 to 5? Then what? I'll make it easy for you: I hate them, sell them!!

BTW, I + repped you because your **** is bananas....get it? :laugh: I kill myself sometimes....aaaaaah good times.:D

spudracer326
03-01-2006, 09:29 PM
cool...thanks lol.....why do you dislike them.....Also I was looking at the helix rs6.5 inch components as a possible replacement

FoxPro5
03-01-2006, 10:00 PM
cool...thanks lol.....why do you dislike them.....Also I was looking at the helix rs6.5 inch components as a possible replacement

I think they are nice speakers and seem to be very well made (thought they used Vifa components?) but I just don't care for them sound wise....very middle of the road Infinity'esque IMO. I'll go on record saying they sound like ***...so flame me all you want...my ears don't lie:up2somet:

And if you decide to keep them, your **** will still be bananas in my book...especially since you're one of those ultra hip Oregonians who is too cool to pump his own gas :) (my buddy lives in Beaverton right by Nike HQ...I go out there every year to visit and I just can't get enough of the place!)

zachzchw
03-01-2006, 10:14 PM
I like my alpines

Thats what matters.

spudracer326
03-02-2006, 12:58 AM
cool thanks guys...i think ill give em a try...then if i dont like em i can still sell em and get/look for something else!!