PDA

View Full Version : Memphis components...

B5inVA
03-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey whats up guys.

Ok...i was originally going to go with the Type R compoents up front. then the audio shop that i'm going to have everything installed at says...."Type R's aren't good, get the Memphis components, they're more in price but they sound a lot better". he quoted me....$267 for the set.

Now....what's everyone's experience with them?

TIA

Rico

guy022077
03-01-2006, 08:48 PM
no no no no no ...i had those m class...they were ok thats it ....ok they didnt have the midbass needed for most of the drums in my music but the tweeters were great.overall i wish i had not paid 200 for them but they were ok....go to woofersetc if you want memphis speakers..

squeak9798
03-02-2006, 09:04 AM
What Memphis comps specifically you are talking about?

guy022077
03-02-2006, 09:37 AM
i am talking about the multi sync comp set that was gold/black weave kevlar 6.5...the coaxial ones were ok too. but not worth that much money to me....i would get the diamond d661s before getting memphis

squeak9798
03-02-2006, 10:09 AM
i am talking about the multi sync comp set that was gold/black weave kevlar 6.5...the coaxial ones were ok too. but not worth that much money to me....i would get the diamond d661s before getting memphis

I would venture to say that it was your installation that was the problem, not the speakers ;) If you didn't get midbass out of the Msyncs, it was definitely becaus of the install or tuning. Audiolife's 5.25" Msync setup is playing all the way down to ~35hz (who said 5.25's can't play low?), and has some of the snappiest midbass I've heard in a long while. And overall sounds very good. Msyncs have actually won sound quality World Final championships in the past.

Setup correctly, the Msyncs are very good speakers, and I would definitely take them over the Type R or Diamonds. Infact, Audiolife converted someone from Diamonds to Msyncs after they listened to his truck ;)

Can't blame a poor setup on the speakers.

audiolife
03-02-2006, 11:03 AM
lol there is a pretty good story about that as well, alot of people wrote in having different equipment to get something for the wins lol. all in the install and they are very neutral in sound. i keep pondering getting rid of them but never do lol

guy022077
03-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I would venture to say that it was your installation that was the problem, not the speakers ;) If you didn't get midbass out of the Msyncs, it was definitely becaus of the install or tuning. Audiolife's 5.25" Msync setup is playing all the way down to ~35hz (who said 5.25's can't play low?), and has some of the snappiest midbass I've heard in a long while. And overall sounds very good. Msyncs have actually won sound quality World Final championships in the past.

Setup correctly, the Msyncs are very good speakers, and I would definitely take them over the Type R or Diamonds. Infact, Audiolife converted someone from Diamonds to Msyncs after they listened to his truck ;)

Can't blame a poor setup on the speakers.
i wont say that you are wrong but i will say when i replaced those memphis,with some crystal somethings, those speakers they had more kick then the memphis did. so i dont think it was my install. I did most of the stuff that a post you pointed out said to do. (with the some damp,molding clay etc.... but noone ever does think its their install do they? i just hope the orions p6.2 sound better. i only offered my opinion in this case because i had the same car he does. however no,you cant blame poor setup on the speakers. i heard the diamonds in a passat and they were awesome off of HU power so i would say they have to be good off of amp power. I am getting the orions because they are cheaper