PDA

View Full Version : Single 12" Type X vented enclosure...

SuperTrooper
03-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Does anyone have any great input on what size and deminsions I should use for this Alpine Typx X 12" . I have a guy supposed to building me one with the Alpine specs. Is that a good idea to make that sub perform at it's best? Or should I go with something else? It going in the back of a SUV. The length cannot be any longer than 38" long, The height and width there are no limits. I am hearing the recommended spec sizes from Alpine does'nt make that great of a SQ box. Does anyone know if that is true? And if so what do you pros recommend. Any advice would me appreciated. Thanks you for the help.

Crown_amps
03-01-2006, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=SuperTrooper]. I am hearing the recommended spec sizes from Alpine does'nt make that great of a SQ box. Does anyone know if that is true?

why would alpine spend all that time and money to design the type x their flagship woofer then just skip the box building process to figure out what sounds best for it?:eyebrow: doesn't sound like that person knew what he was talking about since they would ONLY RECOMMEND a size that sounds good otherwise they would not say put one in their.;)

my 2 cents

SuperTrooper
03-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Yeah. I thought the sme thing.But you listen to diffrent people on hear and hear so many diffrent opinion I guess it keeps you guessing. I am probanblt just being paranoid. Thanks for the input.