PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys!

lozinit
02-28-2006, 01:31 PM
I would like to ask a question concerning moe's box plans sticky post, I was planning on using the 4.5 cu ft dual sub box, but was wondering if I were to chamber it to 2.25 cu ft for each sub (2 RF T1 12"), would the port design (length, width, etc...) need to be radically modified for each chamber?

If so, can you help point me in the right direction for learning how to calculate slot port designs?

Other question that comes to mind: Is there a hard and fast rule for placement of the port walls? I.E. starting the port on the side of the sub, behind the sub, above the sub, etc..

iceteebone
02-28-2006, 01:34 PM
why do you want to make seperate chambers? of course the whole thing would be different because you would then have to tune it for 2.25 cubes instead of 4.5

lozinit
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
as far as the volume difference, nevermind, I had a severe brain fart.

Concerning the chambers - I was of the school of thinking that each sub would benefit from it's own chamber for many reasons - if nothing else, if one of the subs died all the sudden, it wouldn't leave the remaining sub to deal with a sudden increase in enclosure volume.

NhustlaR
02-28-2006, 02:06 PM
look up the 2.25 or whatever cube box, and "make 2 of them"....only with a full top and bottom piece

lozinit
02-28-2006, 02:17 PM
thats the problem. I wish it was as simple as building two of them with a common top and bottom, but I'm dealing with space constraints that will only allow 37 inches width total, which happens to be the total width of the one set of plans.

My thought was to divide that box in half with separator, but I'm getting stuck on how to design the slot port.