PDA

View Full Version : Clarion Headunit

bobibo
02-27-2006, 05:48 PM
what's your thoughts on CLARION DXZ955MC+EQS746 !! ? are they good stuff! I have a Kenwood MP828 right now and I wanna change..hehe.. I wont be using the built-in amplifier. I see there is 3-band parametic EQ so the EQS746 will take care of it, but is Clarion any good?, cuz the head unit is expansivee and gotta make it right ..and if someone own these stuff please tell me about it.. thx alot

Beat_Dominator
02-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Thats a pretty nice deck. Lots of options to work with.

bobibo
02-27-2006, 06:22 PM
so how exactly a equalizer work? I mean installing it! am I correct if I say --head unit to equalizer--equalizer to amplifier--amplifier to speakers..and if the head unit output is 4v. input of the eq is 4v. and output is 7v. so the amplifier should have an input capable of 7v right?

Bake
02-27-2006, 06:25 PM
The Pro Audio head units from Clarion are good units. If it has the features and price that fit your needs go for it.

Rattlebrain
02-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Yes, make sure you set your gains properly!! Check the gain setting tutorial here (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63933)
I have a Clarion and love it!!

Dr. Dan
02-27-2006, 06:39 PM
so how exactly a equalizer work? I mean installing it! am I correct if I say --head unit to equalizer--equalizer to amplifier--amplifier to speakers..and if the head unit output is 4v. input of the eq is 4v. and output is 7v. so the amplifier should have an input capable of 7v right?

Yes, that's correct.
I think that headunits/EQs will only put out their maximum voltage when their respective volume controlls are at or near maximum. So an amp with a slightly lower input rating should be fine as long as you don't max out the gain on the EQ.
Clarion sound and build quality is very very good in my opinion. Even the cheap ones I've used sounded great.

bobibo
02-27-2006, 06:41 PM
so if I set some eq on the head unit, and put the subwoofer bass control to max, and then set the subwoofer control to max on the equalizer, will it double the eq? or the head unit's eq is disabled.. or would I choose the by-pass option or something like that or I shoud'nt use the HU's eq and only use the 7-band eq?!

thx alot

Rattlebrain
02-27-2006, 07:44 PM
use one or the other, not both.

alphakenny1
02-27-2006, 07:46 PM
just my rule of thumb, just use one for a speaker. if you are going to use the sub eq for the sub, then don't use the HU eq for the sub and vice versa.

bobibo
02-27-2006, 09:14 PM
bottom line!!----for $515-HU $100-EQ=$615US shipped, is it worth it?

--need VERY nice SQ--many options---the kenwood has nice SQ AND many options no doubt

but I wanna go xtrem , wanna go loud/wild with tons of options/features, the look is important for me also, this thing looks awsome with simple/elegant design and the touch screen is very nice! but still it isnt the most important thing, I need REMARQUABLE SOUND!!

with nice reliable product and built quality most important! expecting and wanting to last very long for a high priced unit like that(~2yrs)!

Are these goodies for me?

thx alotttttttt! appreciate it:D

bobibo
02-28-2006, 09:57 AM
anyoneee?

XtrmAudioCncpts
02-28-2006, 10:00 AM
no for that much i would probably try to go a different route something with more control over your music

bobibo
02-28-2006, 09:24 PM
no for that much i would probably try to go a different route something with more control over your music

like wutttt, gimme some advice