PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting a new car.

bigbangtheory
02-27-2006, 03:21 AM
K here is the thing. I currently have 2 cars.

Summer/weekened car is 2003 Mitz Eclispe GTS.:naughty: I want to keep this.

Everyday car is 2002 Chevy Cavalier Ls.:rolleyes: I like it and does its job, but my warranty was up on it a while ago. So was thinking maybe to trade it in on a lease. I cant really afford buying right now. Now the Kicker. I owe 5900 bucks on my cavalier. Hopefully they would pay it off and not add to the other price of the new car, would be nice anyway. So what do you think about leasing vechichles? Any good things about it? I really want a warranty just in case and buy the time I am done paying on my cavalier becasue of my intrest rate will have paid over 10000 bucks for a car that was sold to me for 7200.

So ? is, should I **** it up and keep the cavalier or check into a lease program? Thanks in advance.;)

springy101
02-27-2006, 03:24 AM
leasing is gay. its like having another car payment but when your done you have nothing to show for it. if had actually bought a car then when your done with payments at least you can trade it in/sell it/whatever.

bigbangtheory
02-27-2006, 03:29 AM
leasing is gay. its like having another car payment but when your done you have nothing to show for it. if had actually bought a car then when your done with payments at least you can trade it in/sell it/whatever.

Yeah but when your done with your lease you have the option of either buying it or getting another lease. Only thing I could see being bad is going over the miles. That would **** if I had to pay on that. I am thinking of leasing cause it is cheaper.;)

bigbangtheory
02-27-2006, 03:33 AM
Used Honda Civic ... Reliable, cheap parts, low running costs ...

Huh, wanted new lol!

KngOfThePkngLot
02-27-2006, 03:58 AM
now do you see it???????

bigbangtheory
02-27-2006, 05:05 AM
That is strange. Someone moved it here. I thought the **** lounge was for anything off topic?

AcidicDreams
02-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Now the Kicker. I owe 5900 bucks on my cavalier. Hopefully they would pay it off and not add to the other price of the new car, would be nice anyway.

I wish some car dealership would give me 6k as well... you might get 4-5k in trade in value but I would expect the lower... then you would still owe like 2k.... your upside down in it for now :(

Ignatowski
02-27-2006, 06:20 AM

NOOB STATEMENT of the week,......What are you driving ?
Leasing is KING if you know what your doing -
I have 2 cars on lease right now and I wouldn't have it any other way
a 2006 Audi A4 and a 2005 RSX,the great thing is my payment is half what it would be if I bought it and after 36 payments the dealers come begging me to get a brand new one,so every 3 years I'm in a new ride,while your guys who bought your cars are paying off the 4-5 year loans,your out of warranty and have a depreciated hunk of steel in your driveway after your notes are all paid off,while I'm chilling in one of my new rides.........
Leasing is not for everyone and leasing is not practical for every manufacturer
My audi is case and point,the lease on it was 400 bucks a month 2Gs down,the Chrys 300C which is the same price tag was almost double of a lease payment ,because it doesnt haold its risidual value like an Import does.......
I paid 0 down 339 a month for my RSX 3 years 45K miles...And I hate the car
and I am so glad I dont have to own it,cause when that lease is up I can get something else :cool:

If your looking for your best deal,avoid leasing American cars they just depreciate too fast like your CAV
which your upside down on right now BTW
Price out a some Japenese cars youll be glad you did