PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have subs in a Toyota Matrix?

snb778
02-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Hey, as some of you know i'm shopping around for a new car. I think the Matrix would be a real good car for a nice loud system.

Have any of you had subs in one, or know anybody that has, and the sizes of their boxes? Im trying to figure out how much space I have to work with, and about how big you guys have built boxes for them.

bimma85
02-27-2006, 02:26 AM
I would never make "easy to get loud" a main priority in a vehicle unless its a straight comp vehicle ;). But no I don't know anyone that even owns one.

snb778
02-27-2006, 10:18 PM
anyone...tryin to figure out what size box I can get in there with out to much of a hastle

snb778
02-28-2006, 01:29 AM
someone drop one down if you have any info on this car please. Thanks.

bimma85
02-28-2006, 01:31 AM
anyone...tryin to figure out what size box I can get in there with out to much of a hastle
Why not go to a dealer and check it out yourself. I assume you're gonna drive one before ya buy one anyways......aren't you?

snb778
02-28-2006, 03:26 AM
trying to avoid doing that somewhat....or at least measuring it out, if someone already has shiznit in their matrix

IonSQL
02-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Sent you a PM....

Termlab
02-28-2006, 10:58 AM
well even if you cant fit your dream box in it, i dont think that should be your determining factor in getting a car or not...

rather dumb. if you are going to do that, find an old crx.

snb778
02-28-2006, 12:33 PM
I actually looked for one, but all the ones I could find had 100,000 + And yes, it is a big factor in which Car Im getting. I want something small, 4 cyl, closed cabin hatch...With hopefully a decent speaker position so I dont have to do THAT much modding.

bimma85
02-28-2006, 12:35 PM
I actually looked for one, but all the ones I could find had 100,000 + And yes, it is a big factor in which Car Im getting. I want something small, 4 cyl, closed cabin hatch...With hopefully a decent speaker position so I dont have to do THAT much modding.
100k on a honda isnt **** if it was treated at least half way decent ;).

snb778
02-28-2006, 12:40 PM
yea but they werent located anywhere near me, so I would have to just buy and go....Id rather check it out first.

pwnt by pat
02-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Those cars are big pieces of ****. My friend has one. It sounds like a lawnmower and everything, including the engine, is plastic. The whole car reaks of cheap.

on an upside, all the pannels come of w/o screws (or maybe we lost those), it's an easy dash mount, iso, and there's plent of room unter the front seats for small amps.

But let me reiterate, the car looks, stinks, reaks of cheap. If you like cheap plastic then go for it...

snb778
02-28-2006, 03:59 PM
I think it looks better...a good amount better than the Ford Focus ZX3 that I am also looking at. has a little more trunk space, better speaker location and setup, 4 cyl. Toyota so It WILL run forever..

yea no screws is a bad thing for me....increases the chance of breaking clips off panels. I worked on an H1 hummer the other day...the whole friggin car is just all screws...everything screwed off, then right back on..it was sooooo nice and convenient.

Now you want to tak about cheap'/plastic....AVALANCHE....PONTIAC VIBE...any of those other cars that have that ****** *** dark plastic. I HATE IT!!

pwnt by pat
02-28-2006, 04:15 PM
My mom drives a Rendezvous, the Buick ripoff of the Aztec... It's all cheap plastic and looks like ****.

The Vibe IS the Matrix ;)

Oh, the back of the matrix is all plastic so unless you bolt your box down (not a good idea considering the whole floor pops up for the spare), expect your **** to slide.