PDA

View Full Version : Install In progress Help!

grtn316
02-26-2006, 06:29 PM
I am installing a remote start car alarm in a 95 dodge stealth.

Questions:

#1. The alarm brain has a door trigger input +/-. My diagram only mentions 1 wire for the door trigger. It says "red/green/sil dots" and its polarity is negative. Do I just hook up the Negative door trigger to the alarm and thats it?

#2. What do I wire these to?

light output (install guide says "negative output for parking light. Some vehicles such as jeep, have negative parking lights". In another harness I have the parking wire wired up.)
status output (install guide says "negative status output that comes on one second before ignition on and continues until one second after ignition off")
ignition output
accessory output
starter output
rearm output (install guide says "the sequence for the rearm pulse: 1) pulse when armed (locked), 2) pulse after starter, 3) pulse one second after remote start shutdown.
disarm output (install guide says "1) pulse when disarmed (unlocked), 2) pulse before remote starting"

#3.
I wired the starter kill and the starter wire together then wired it into the ignition harness starter wire. Is this correct? I wired up the 2nd ignition to the black/yellow wire in the harness according to my wire diagram.

Thanks for your help!

grtn316
02-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Here is the wiring diagram for my car:

12volts black or white + ignition harness

Starter black/yellow + ignition harness

Second Starter

Ignition black/white + ignition harness

Second Ignition blue/black + ignition harness

Third Ignition

Accessory blue + ignition harness

Second Accessory

Keysense

Power Lock brn/blu or brn/wht - high on firewall by DKP

Power Unlock brown or brn/blu - high on firewall by DKP

Lock Motor

Unlock Motor

Parking Lights+ green/white white molex left kick

Parking Lights- green or grn/blk left of column

Hazards

Turn Signal(L)

Turn Signal(R)

Reverse Light

Door Trigger red/green/ sil dots - left of column

Dome Supervision

Trunk/Hatch Pin red/green - sw. or light in trunk

Notes: Also blue/white at ETACS if car has anti-theft

Hood Pin blue/black - ETACS mod. under dash

Notes: The ETACS module is located left of the steering column close to the drivers
kick. It is flat with its edges facing up, down, front, and back, with its two(2) plugs on the bottom edge.

Trunk/Hatch Release

Power Sliding Door

Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock

Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green - ETACS mod. under dash

Notes: must be relay isolated from the door key cylinder

The ETACS module is located left of the steering column close to the drivers kick. It is flat with its edges facing up, down, front, and back, with its two(2) plugs on the bottom edge.

Disarm No Unlock

Tachometer white AC instrument cluster

Notes: Also found at ECM behind center console. On SOHC models can also use white/black at the ignition coil for tach.

Wait to start

Brake Wire green + at switch

Parking Brake

Horn Trigger green/black - steering column

dantheman8328
02-26-2006, 08:49 PM
light output - its only if you have a negative light input on your car instead of positive, but you have a positive one already hooked up if i read right, so leave that wire alone.

status output - sends an output signal to turn something on when the remote start is triggered, requires relay, if you dont know what it is, elave it alone

ignition output - black/white wire on ignition harness

accessory output - blue wire on ignition harness

starter output - black/yellow wire on igntion harness

rearm output and disarm output - i think its for the factory alarm system, dont think you have one, so leave em alone

also what alarm system did you buy? if you have a separate remote start satellite relay, you should use the 12volt inputs from the ignition harness instead of from the battery directly or wherever else you got it from
i say this because it sounds like you dont completely understand the way the remote start works and you didnt mention these two(or 3) wires.

also where did you get the wiring diagram for your car? do you have a program on your computer that you got it from?

95Eclipse
02-26-2006, 10:28 PM
door locks are a pain in the *** on that car, extremely hard to get to the wires, but possible...

grtn316
02-26-2006, 11:56 PM
light output - its only if you have a negative light input on your car instead of positive, but you have a positive one already hooked up if i read right, so leave that wire alone.

status output - sends an output signal to turn something on when the remote start is triggered, requires relay, if you dont know what it is, elave it alone

ignition output - black/white wire on ignition harness

accessory output - blue wire on ignition harness

starter output - black/yellow wire on igntion harness

rearm output and disarm output - i think its for the factory alarm system, dont think you have one, so leave em alone

also what alarm system did you buy? if you have a separate remote start satellite relay, you should use the 12volt inputs from the ignition harness instead of from the battery directly or wherever else you got it from
i say this because it sounds like you dont completely understand the way the remote start works and you didnt mention these two(or 3) wires.

also where did you get the wiring diagram for your car? do you have a program on your computer that you got it from?

I got a compustar 2wass alarm. This is my first install. I have a factory alarm, do I need to wire the arm and disarm to the inputs on the factory alarm? What do the starter/ignition/accessory outputs do? I wired the 2 12 volt power wires to the ignition harness.

I wired the starter and starter kill wire to the starter wire in the ignition harness. This is wired correct right?

grtn316
02-26-2006, 11:57 PM
door locks are a pain in the *** on that car, extremely hard to get to the wires, but possible...

all the wires on this car are a pain in the *** to get to...(sigh)

dantheman8328
02-27-2006, 02:15 PM
I got a compustar 2wass alarm. This is my first install. I have a factory alarm, do I need to wire the arm and disarm to the inputs on the factory alarm? What do the starter/ignition/accessory outputs do? I wired the 2 12 volt power wires to the ignition harness.

I wired the starter and starter kill wire to the starter wire in the ignition harness. This is wired correct right?

yep, starter and starter kill are right
you need to install the arm and disarm outputs to the inputs on the factory alarm for the factory disarm
the starter wire sends power to the starter from the ignition wires to the starter under the hood, this cranks the motor
the ignition wire then sends a constant power to the ignition coil which keeps the car running after its started
the accessory ouputs supply power to the accessory circuit. so basically when things on your car(like your lights or defroster/heater) that only turn on when the car is on, can start. that way the night before you leave your heater and defroster on and then it turns on when you remote start it.
you could also use one of the ouputs to start the defroster.

i also really want to know the name of that program that you got the wiring diagrams from if you used a program, or if anyone else knows a good one?

thanks and good luck

grtn316
02-27-2006, 03:46 PM
They gave me the diagram when I purchased the alarm (I think they used a program called directwire). I also did a search on this website and found a free website that has diagrams. They were basically the same diagram.

grtn316
02-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Here is the website that I used to double check wires:

http://www.designtech-intl.com/wire.asp