PDA

View Full Version : How much for re-cut wood @ lowe's?

psych0ticnemes1
02-25-2006, 08:49 PM
how much would it cost me for the wood and for lowes to make all the cuts for me?

30 bucks or so?

alpine3612
02-25-2006, 08:51 PM
i think you get 3 free cuts, then its 25 cents a cut.
something like that

Pyro_By_Nature
02-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I've had them cut pieces before when I couldn't haul the sheet home.1st off, I never paid for any of the cuts, second the cuts ****** horribly.

Save yourself the headache and find someone with proper tools and knowledge to do it for you or borrow the tools.

ajm
02-25-2006, 09:11 PM
At homedepot i think the first 2 or 3 were free then 10 cents each after that. 10 cents each I got what I paid for. The guy was an idiot and messed up about 2 cuts by inches and had to give me a free board. Then when I got home pieces that should have been even were off by about 1/2 an inch. I took it back and complained. Got another free board and cut it myself.

bimma85
02-25-2006, 09:15 PM
I've only had my local lowes do some cuts once cuz it was cold as ****. They were fine. With the thing they were using, I can't believe they could fok it up. Dunno what the saw is called, but it was pimp :). Just be nice to them and dont rush them...they aren't getting paid **** and prolly arent in a big hurry.

squeak12
02-25-2006, 09:16 PM
I usually cut it myself, but it depends on the employees there. They didnt charge me for cuts either.

Eldorado
02-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Get a girl, preferably attrative to do it.
They should be free for every cut ;)

psych0ticnemes1
02-25-2006, 09:33 PM
well it's winter and freezing here, so i would like the pieces cut for me... so all that i need is assembly :)

Raisedin305
02-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Home depot cut my friend's wood for free. I personally wouldn't let them cut the wood for me. Knowing how hard headed people around here can be some times I would probably get screwed over. Plus I have the space to take it home and the tools to cut it with.:)

Hartman
02-25-2006, 11:53 PM
It's not Lowes job to build your box for you. Buy a sheet and cut the **** yourself.

psych0ticnemes1
02-26-2006, 12:07 AM
It's not Lowes job to build your box for you. Buy a sheet and cut the **** yourself.

for your info, i do build my own and cut my own... but you are too stupid to read and understand that it's winter here, i don't have a garage, and cutting mdf isn't exactly easy considering...

you are a newb, with less then a 100 posts, so leave me The F alone

PepsiFiend69
02-26-2006, 12:27 AM
for your info, i do build my own and cut my own... but you are too stupid to read and understand that it's winter here, i don't have a garage, and cutting mdf isn't exactly easy considering...

X2

cutting an measuring wood isn't exactly the most fun thing to do when it's -10 degrees outside. i've built 3 in the past 2 weeks, thankfully the last week it hansn't been so cold.

but on the flipside, if your fingers a numb, it wont hurt as bad if you cut them off. ;)

Pyro_By_Nature
02-26-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't know how cold it is there, but you need to quit your *****ing.I was outside cutting wood in 4 degree weather.And that was for a decware wicked one, aka pretty much pure angles.I got all except for one piece cut that night.

squeak12
02-26-2006, 12:35 AM
What does it matter if he wants to cut it outside or get Lowes to cut it. He didnt ask should he go outside and cut it himself.

Pyro_By_Nature
02-26-2006, 12:38 AM
What does it matter if he wants to cut it outside or get Lowes to cut it. He didnt ask should he go outside and cut it himself.

I never said he asked..........

Pyro_By_Nature
02-26-2006, 01:08 AM
For whoever negged me, neg yourself first........you're the one whining and *****ing about the cold.

Colin+M
02-26-2006, 01:20 AM
I don't think this thread was created to judge the guys character or invincibility to cold weather. He just wanted to know how much it would cost. Some of you guys need to lighten up and stop being so touchy. If he wants to use his brain and his own money(not yours) and not freeze in the process, thats his business.

BTW I didn't give anyone negative rep's

smkmotorsports
02-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Home Depot cut all mine for free and i had 6 sheets cut

psych0ticnemes1
02-26-2006, 11:02 AM
thanks for whoever defended me, but for you who were being *****... YOU can freeze your @ss off while i will use my brain (it's not my fault you lack the intelligence to do so) and have lowes cut it for me...

ignoramus
02-26-2006, 05:24 PM
I had Lowes cut the mdf for me twice already. I have only built one box and in the process of the second one. Just make sure to ask the employee to be careful with it. I got the same guy twice since the first time he did such a good job. Try to find a younger guy and tell him that you are building a box and maybe he will help you out. All my cuts came out perfect.

bimma85
02-26-2006, 05:30 PM

pwnt

I don't know how cold it is there, but you need to quit your *****ing.I was outside cutting wood in 4 degree weather.And that was for a decware wicked one, aka pretty much pure angles.I got all except for one piece cut that night.
You're such a ****** :rolleyes:. Maybe he doesnt wanna get sick cutting wood outside in the middle of winter :crazy:

jujumantb
02-26-2006, 05:38 PM
:rolleyes: you sound like a ******* 2 year old, internet power trip?

dont expect good cuts from lowes, they have no guarantee for perfect cuts, and dont be a jackass and go back and complain 3 times because your cuts arent within 1mm :rolleyes:

psych0ticnemes1
02-26-2006, 09:20 PM
:rolleyes: you sound like a ******* 2 year old, internet power trip?

dont expect good cuts from lowes, they have no guarantee for perfect cuts, and dont be a jackass and go back and complain 3 times because your cuts arent within 1mm :rolleyes:

it's called an internet "defensive" against idiots like you...

anyways, i don't expect perfect cuts from lowes but it is more convenient for me this time of year..
and Not that i should have to defend my reasoning, but i have one hand and cutting wood is quite difficult without help, a garage, and C-Clamps...

Another Device
02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Just draw the lines on the board where you need it cut, and it should be fine. I just gave the guy a cut sheet and some of the cuts were off by 16th of an inch.

newyorkjets00
02-27-2006, 12:01 PM
home depot cut mine then he messured and they where all 1/2 inch off so he looked at the saw and said it was messed up...then i went to lows and got them all cut...22bucks for a sheet of 3/4'' mdf didnt pay nothin for cuts...i went back and got another board cut cuz i decided to have it 2 chambers instead of one and he messed it up one side was taller than the other and now my front cant go on ****...

bholtmeier
02-27-2006, 12:29 PM
They do **** horribly. I've never payed for the cuts once either. Just give them dimensions 1 inch bigger than what you really want and then just get it perfect yourself. Nuff said.

psych0ticnemes1
02-27-2006, 12:30 PM
i may just wait until it's warm to build my box then, oh well

puppie_chow
02-27-2006, 12:36 PM
When approached with a cut sheet, I recommend particle board and cut where I feel like it...

:)

psych0ticnemes1
02-27-2006, 12:39 PM
When approached with a cut sheet, I recommend particle board and cut where I feel like it...

:)

i'm assuming you work at lowes? lol

Pyro_By_Nature
02-27-2006, 12:56 PM
(it's not my fault you lack the intelligence to do so) and have lowes cut it for me...

No, the person having lowes cut their wood and expecting half decent cuts is the one lacking intelligence.

Unless you know the person cutting the wood, it's not worth it.Whatever, your choice......