PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm Install

grtn316
02-24-2006, 03:48 PM
I have a '95 Dodge Stealth. I bought a Compustar 2wss-as remote start alarm. I have never installed an alarm before but will be attempting this time. The install manual says that it comes with everything needed for a basic install on a manual transmission car. I have a factory alarm, but I don't have the remote for it and its not working.
A few questions:

1. Should/can I remove the stock car alarm? If so, is there a walk through on it?
2. Will I have to hardwire this new alarm into my car or is there a harness for it?
3. Can someone give me a basic crash course on how to hook this up(I don't need details on the wires as I already have the diagrams. I just need to know what hooks up to what and and idea of where I should mount it)? Is there a tutorial?

I would have it installed here locally but...I let someone install an alarm on my truck and it doesnt work right. They said..."In about a week the alarm will be more sensitive". WTF? Does the alarm have some kind of artificial brain that learns how sensitive it should be over time. like.."Oh thats david disabling alarm..." Anyways, this is why I chose to install it myself.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks!

95Eclipse
02-26-2006, 10:32 PM
man did you pick the wrong alarm to start installing with... you can leave the stock alarm... honestly I would go to somewhere professional who deals with compustar... compustars can be extremely crazy to install especially the 2wSSas... the only thing I can say is good luck, car alarms/starters are hard to teach without the person in front of the teacher... but... if you want, PM me, I can try to help best I can.... 5 years experience... anything you want to do with an alarm, I can do it... just hard to teach over typing...
I'll try though if u want...

Shyne151
02-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I have a '95 Dodge Stealth. I bought a Compustar 2wss-as remote start alarm. I have never installed an alarm before but will be attempting this time. The install manual says that it comes with everything needed for a basic install on a manual transmission car. I have a factory alarm, but I don't have the remote for it and its not working.
A few questions:

1. Should/can I remove the stock car alarm? If so, is there a walk through on it?
2. Will I have to hardwire this new alarm into my car or is there a harness for it?
3. Can someone give me a basic crash course on how to hook this up(I don't need details on the wires as I already have the diagrams. I just need to know what hooks up to what and and idea of where I should mount it)? Is there a tutorial?

I would have it installed here locally but...I let someone install an alarm on my truck and it doesnt work right. They said..."In about a week the alarm will be more sensitive". WTF? Does the alarm have some kind of artificial brain that learns how sensitive it should be over time. like.."Oh thats david disabling alarm..." Anyways, this is why I chose to install it myself.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Midland michigan?

grtn316
02-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Midland Texas...