PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard pf fatmat?

BATman
02-21-2006, 12:39 PM
how good is this stuff? i'm thinking of trying it out.
http://www.fatmat.com/fatmat/kits/trunk%20kit.htm

GO-N DEF
02-21-2006, 12:48 PM
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Check it out...

myvanpounds
02-21-2006, 01:42 PM
fat mat *****, it falls off in les than a month, I speak from my own personal experience

PepsiFiend69
02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
if you're looking for something cheap like that, try B-Quiet, worked for me, 100 sq ft for 125 shipped on e-gay.

BATman
02-21-2006, 02:47 PM
where can i get some raammat, and how much would i need to do my trunk? i have a 01 celica.

snb778
02-21-2006, 03:14 PM
fat mat *****, it falls off in les than a month, I speak from my own personal experience

You didnt apply it properly then... I applied about 80 Sq. Ft. in my trunk and not 1 peice has fallen off yet. You just have to make sure you heat it up and then press it on...roll it on if you'd like (not a fan). For the price, it has worked out great for me.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4843/dcp06485ns.th.jpg (http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcp06485ns.jpg)

myvanpounds
02-21-2006, 04:37 PM
You didnt apply it properly then... I applied about 80 Sq. Ft. in my trunk and not 1 peice has fallen off yet. You just have to make sure you heat it up and then press it on...roll it on if you'd like (not a fan). For the price, it has worked out great for me.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4843/dcp06485ns.th.jpg (http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcp06485ns.jpg)

I applied it right. heat gun. wall paper roller and all. it fell off a week later. I was not impressed

Rattlebrain
02-21-2006, 04:41 PM
where can i get some raammat, and how much would i need to do my trunk? i have a 01 celica.
http://www.raammat.com/

Get a tape measure and figure it out. L x W

squeak9798
02-21-2006, 04:43 PM

www.raamaudio.com

One roll (62.5ft^2) should be plenty to do your trunk. I have a large 4-door sedan with a good sized trunk, and half of a roll did one full layer over the entire trunk.

Raammat is one of the best valued deadeners on the market. I would definitely go with Raammat over FatMat. And I personally liked my Raammat better than the SS Damplifier I used. Great, great deadener, and Rick (the owner of Raammat) is a great guy to deal with.

CBFryman2
02-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Secondskinaudio.com

I would use nothing other than the above. only thing that even compares to it in any tests is Dynamat Xtreme and that cost 4 times as much per square foot.

Lurius
02-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Im not doing a high end install on my truck, so I am using fatmat. It is goign to be installed on the back cab wall of my truck, then carpeted over. Should be getting done tommorow, i'll see how well it works, should be at least 2 layers on the back wall, I have 50sq feet. I figure double layering it will make up for any lack of quality I will run across with it, we'll see.

Ill try and remember to post an update here when I get it back tommorow.

-Lurius

Lurius
02-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Its not fallen off yet.. was installed in 65ish degres and th weathers been about 35-65 since. Seems to help a little, only did one layer, have enough left over to do my doors in a month or so if the stuff is still holding on to the cab wall. Overall for the price, and considering im doing a mediumish quality install, I would say it isnt terrible, but not the best quality.

-Lurius

Towncar
02-24-2006, 12:43 PM
if you're looking for something cheap like that, try B-Quiet, worked for me, 100 sq ft for 125 shipped on e-gay.

x2 the extreme b quiet is a good product. Just get which ever one you can get the best price on.

myvanpounds
02-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Its not fallen off yet.. was installed in 65ish degres and th weathers been about 35-65 since. Seems to help a little, only did one layer, have enough left over to do my doors in a month or so if the stuff is still holding on to the cab wall. Overall for the price, and considering im doing a mediumish quality install, I would say it isnt terrible, but not the best quality.

-Lurius

wait till the temp is 92 out with a black car

iceteebone
02-24-2006, 02:48 PM
fatmat is basically the same as edead, or peel and seal or any of that stuff. i never had a problem with any of it, but people tell me it's no good so my next deadening project i will use either secondskin damplifier or raamat and see how that compares with the edead and fatmat i used before

FAM4LIFE
02-24-2006, 02:49 PM
I've had FatMat in my car for about three years now and it works fine. Not the best but it works. Hasn't come off yet. I've heard good things about B-Quiet though. The only thing is, FATMATs customer service was horrible. I had to submit a complaint to the BBB before I got my product.

goose5741
03-06-2006, 11:01 PM
^ took them 4 weeks to ship my product and the guy gave the shitiest email respones, i could type 2 pages of profanity and *****ing at him and he would replay in like 5 words "will give you tracking number when it ships" okay thats more tha 5 words but still...

Rawb
03-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Fatmat works great... I have used it on 5 cars now Two went over 3 years now and not one piece fell off and one car was done i nthe dead of winter at night without a heat gun. some people are just haters... it works just as well as the other. i have seen the sites that compair um all but in reality i never had one work better then another and fatmat is a good price. you always wait 4 weeks to get it from them though that is a down side...i always have 100sq ft layin around now in case i need to do a system. dont be scared to use it... it wont fall off unless you lather your car with oil before you apply it....people generally downthem because they have ****** service but the product is good and since they updated it its now even better...but then again i doubt you would see any diff in one deadener to another...

klepto
08-06-2006, 02:20 AM
I live in Cali where it can get VERY hot sometimes. I decided to go with RAAMMAT. I drive a small hatch, a focus zx5 SVT. I plan on doing all 4 doors and my trunk. Do you think 62.5 sq ft will be enough for this? I will probably do a group buy with a buddy of mine and buy 2 mats so we can get a discount. He has a Yukon and plans on doing his doors and trunk as well.

Are we gonne need more than 120ish sq feet for these jobs?

Plus is RAAMMAT.com the cheapest place to get this stuff?

Rawr-DQ
08-06-2006, 09:07 PM
I live in Cali where it can get VERY hot sometimes. I decided to go with RAAMMAT. I drive a small hatch, a focus zx5 SVT. I plan on doing all 4 doors and my trunk. Do you think 62.5 sq ft will be enough for this? I will probably do a group buy with a buddy of mine and buy 2 mats so we can get a discount. He has a Yukon and plans on doing his doors and trunk as well.

Are we gonne need more than 120ish sq feet for these jobs?

Plus is RAAMMAT.com the cheapest place to get this stuff?

I drive a 04, stratus coupe...

I used fatmat as well, I bought 136 square feet of it...I used maybe 50 square feet on my trunk, 20 on the roof of my car, I still have two doors and the rest of the cabin to do...I did like 1/2-4 layers in areas...You may have enough to do 1 layer, maybe not on all four doors, it'll probably be close...(assuming you'll be using 62.5 sq ft per vehicle)

Anywho, fatmat was cheap, I didn't have a problem getting it, and it sticks pretty good for not cleaning the surface, and the florida heat...I'd buy from them again.

They're selling 100 sq ft of it for 90 bucks plus shipping right now, that's cheaper than the 100 sq ft roll I got from them...hope that helps.