PDA

View Full Version : help with decks

broham
02-20-2006, 11:32 PM
alright here is my situation. i've got a pioneer DEH-P860mp premier series deck and an AVX-P8dvd Dvd player. i want both of them in my 91' grand prix.
right now i've got older jvc deck in my car with a mounting kit. all of this time i thought my car had a double din dash. when i had called the car audio place today and booked an installation time, they told me that my car only has 1.5 size din dash, and that both decks won't fit. i was a bit pissed, this wasn't what i wanted to hear, so i canceled the appointment. what i'm wondering is if theres anything i can do to get these decks in my car, preferably one on top of the other.

ps. i don't have the brain for the dvd component, so i can't run the whole system just off that. it was going to hook up to the other deck through aux.

please help thanks

iceteebone
02-20-2006, 11:44 PM
probably do some fiberglassing. there is nothing below the radio except for the ashtray, so you can just extend that low enough, to fit both pieces.

broham
02-21-2006, 12:29 AM
probably do some fiberglassing. there is nothing below the radio except for the ashtray, so you can just extend that low enough, to fit both pieces.

thnaks, would there be any other possible way?