PDA

View Full Version : Question about alpines Mx button

Mynameismcgyver
02-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I was wondering, what does the Mx button acutally change? Like for instance, does it boost low freq's? Im only asking because when I listen to rock, the inside speakers sound very dull w/o the mx button.. Im wondering if i have a setting screwed up on the Amp

Help is very appreciated

Mynameismcgyver
02-21-2006, 01:25 PM
IM not the real macgyver, so i need help! hah

DBfan187
02-21-2006, 01:28 PM
I believe it's Alpine's version of LOUD.
IM not the real macgyver, so i need help! hahdon't lie, you're just testing us.:sneaky:

Mynameismcgyver
02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah it seems its a sort of LOUD....but what settings does that change. Thats what im trying to figure out ..hmmmmmm

Well you know how like santa goes out and recruites people to look like him and do his job....Thats like what i am. IM a fake

http://www.youtube.com/?v=NeDT0x82k98 Macgyver intro :)

DBfan187
02-21-2006, 01:42 PM
boosts the 100Hz and 10kHz range @ low volume levels.

SCAMMER!!!

Mynameismcgyver
02-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Alright So If I up the Low Boost setting on my amp that might give me some of the same effect? Which is what im looking for..

Slaugh
02-21-2006, 07:19 PM
i have always asked this myself.. it AIN'T just a simple Loud... it probably messes with the frequencies or something because it completely craps out the higher frequencies, they become hollow and "bitter"... i HATE this function with a passion... but it boosts up lower frequencies which makes your sub hit like a mofo too...

alpine isn't being far with this function that "corrects information that were lost during compression" or something (it says something like that in the manual)... we all know it's about boosting some frequencies but a simple loud doesnt crap the sound of my speakers like this MX does

it's the worst gimmick alpine has ever done... excluding the i-personalize