PDA

View Full Version : clamps

goose5741
02-17-2006, 04:54 PM
I was gonna build my own box (ported), i have just about everything i would need tools wise except we have no clamps at all and i'm guessing thats pretty neccessary for the glue to set and all, how many/what kind to i need and how expensive are they??? (maybe it'll be cheaper to have it built...)

InhumanAcura
02-17-2006, 04:57 PM
you dont have to use clamps if you use screws or nails..

you can get clamps from $5-couple hundred dollars...

goose5741
02-17-2006, 05:00 PM
When you say if i use screws or nails, do you mean if i use screw/nails to hold the wood together to help the glue dry, or just use screws without glue, i'm guessing the you mean with both. Doesn't seem liked be fun to try to screw some of the pieces for the port on without them moving...

orion4life
02-18-2006, 04:05 PM
i dont use clamps so when i glue the pieces, i put glue on and then screw the pieces together

goose5741
02-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Yah that would be pretty easy, my only concern is when i go to put the board to separate the port from the main chamber in it'll be hard to line it up becasue i will have to tip it over to put screws in.

bimma85
02-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Yah that would be pretty easy, my only concern is when i go to put the board to separate the port from the main chamber in it'll be hard to line it up becasue i will have to tip it over to put screws in.
:confused: huh tip what over?

goose5741
02-18-2006, 06:25 PM
When you put the board that divides the port from the sub chamber on, to put screws in you would have to tip it over...

Instead of making a new topic i'll try to get my questions answered here. How do i figure out the tuning??? I.E. I need a 2.75 cu ft ported box (with driver displacement accounted for, but not with port accounted for), I want it tuned to 33 hz, how do i calculate port dimensions, is there a site with calculators for this or a formula i can use???? thx