PDA

View Full Version : Headunit decision help

newbhere2learn
02-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Ok, so I'm a newb here and I tried to do a lot of reading and searching to answer my question but it didn't help too much. I'm looking to buy a new headunit so that I can attach my MP3 player. I don't have an ipod so the adapters specifically for that won't work with mine. I don't need to have a lot of tuning control, I don't have an amp or sub and don't really plan on getting any of that. Basically I'm looking for a decent/good quality headunit that's not too expensive, not more than like 250. 250 seems like nothing to spend reading through this website but most people here seem to know their stuff and I need the help. I was thinking just goin with a simple alpine deck but I've come across a lot of complaints with the Glide-Touch crapping out in a short of time, and there are so many other alpine options and other companies period that I don't know which ones are decent and which are the ones to stay away from. Thanks.

Tom

newbhere2learn
02-15-2006, 01:46 PM
****it I forgot, also I've read that new models come out may/june so should I just wait til then and hopefully have the older model prices drop?