PDA

View Full Version : My head unit stopped playing CD's, but radio still works.. Help

Stealth Owner
02-13-2006, 06:26 PM
As I started to drive off to school today, I put a CD in my head unit and it seemed like it tried to read the CD but then it spit it out. The radio still worked fine. None of my CD's, burned and bought ones didn't work. I reset the CD player but still didn't work. What can I do? My HU is a cheap Kenwood that is probably 3-4 years old.

trevor87
02-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Call kenwood they will quote you a price to fix it but you may be better off getting a new one

SHOtime
02-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Sounds like your laser is done for. Same thing happened to my old Alpine CDA-6897. Took them quite a while to get a new one out too. Grab a new deck and make sure you get a warranty. Good luck!

Bake
02-13-2006, 10:41 PM
yep sounds like the laser is shot. One thing you might try is using a can of air to clean it out. You may get lucky and get it to work. Just stick the little straw in the slot and give it a couple of blast of air. If it is out of waranty anyway you could open it up and clean the laser with a Q-tip and some alcohol. It may not help but it is worth a shot.