PDA

View Full Version : Narrowed it down to these 3

TB383
02-11-2006, 08:18 PM
I am lookin for a new head unit. I went and looked around and have narrowed it down to about these three..... all will be 06's

-Pioneer p6800mp or the p680mp
-Eclipse cd3000
-Alpine 9856

Which one do yall think is the best to get all around. Thanks

bonesninja
02-11-2006, 08:19 PM
love that new alpine

XtrmAudioCncpts
02-11-2006, 08:21 PM
as far as features go i would probably go with pioneer

TB383
02-11-2006, 08:30 PM
love that new alpine

What do you like about it so much, heard they were going down hill........

bonesninja
02-11-2006, 08:32 PM
i'm pretty faithful to alpine..had pioneer, kenwood...i'll stick with Alpine. features easy to use, good clean looking.

thefunkybunch
02-11-2006, 09:35 PM
personally, i'm not very pleased with alpines new stuff. we haven't gotten all their new decks in yet, but they are all very much defeatureized. only have 2v preouts now, bassengine pro is gone (along with all the EQ stuff, time alignment, and crossovers) and personally, the bassengine pro is the only reason i got the 9855. without the stuff included in that, you're left with a mediochre deck. it will do everything the average person wants to do, but if you're looking for more tuneability and don't plan on investing in some external processing, i would look more. however, if you plan on integrating with an ipod, i'd say they are at the top of the game currently.

if it were me, i would look into the new clarion pro-audio line. looks very nice, great features, and they (finally) got rid of the silver faces!

TB383
02-12-2006, 02:26 AM
personally, i'm not very pleased with alpines new stuff. we haven't gotten all their new decks in yet, but they are all very much defeatureized. only have 2v preouts now, bassengine pro is gone (along with all the EQ stuff, time alignment, and crossovers) and personally, the bassengine pro is the only reason i got the 9855. without the stuff included in that, you're left with a mediochre deck. it will do everything the average person wants to do, but if you're looking for more tuneability and don't plan on investing in some external processing, i would look more. however, if you plan on integrating with an ipod, i'd say they are at the top of the game currently.

if it were me, i would look into the new clarion pro-audio line. looks very nice, great features, and they (finally) got rid of the silver faces!

exactly, I have always got alpines, but the last one i bought was 2 years ago. From then on i started to notice slight manufacture declines. And in 06 its just gone down the drain. Anyways I did have the eclipse cd3000 or the pioneer p680mp. What do you think about those funky bunch?? or anyone else. Thanks

freightdriver
02-12-2006, 04:21 AM
i'm lovin my 9856 great deck for the money simple to use and a no b/s deck... and the ipod integretion is awesome! i've got time alignment in my amp and tons of adjustment in my crossovers so for me less in my deck was good but i guess it just depends on the application.

imo i'd go with the alpine i don't think you'll be dissapointed maybe wait till bestbuy has it in and take a look at the pioneer and the alpine at the same time??

thefunkybunch
02-12-2006, 12:58 PM
exactly, I have always got alpines, but the last one i bought was 2 years ago. From then on i started to notice slight manufacture declines. And in 06 its just gone down the drain. Anyways I did have the eclipse cd3000 or the pioneer p680mp. What do you think about those funky bunch?? or anyone else. Thanks

i'm not at all a fan of pioneer. i've owned (one) of their decks, and had to replace it under warranty 3 times before i gave up and spent an extra 20 bucks and got an alpine 9811 at the time. i never had another issue. it was one of their 'better' decks at the time (a few years ago) and i haven't looked at them since. eclipse has always made great HU's. i haven't played with any of their new stuff, but i've owned several eclipse decks and never had a problem with any of them. the last one i owned was an 8061, and that was a while back also :) i've also had 5442, 5443, 8051, and an old one a loooong time ago i can't even remember the model :) never had an issue with any of them.

honestly, i would look into either the eclipse, or as i said some of the new clarion pro-audio stuff. or the xxv01d kenwood. all very solid units.

just my .02

cazorp
02-12-2006, 01:45 PM
ECLIPSE .. you simply cant go wrong with that kind of SQ

Zach